Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 AM

Default JJ vs. chezlaw

Button is chezlaw; he knows who I am.

PokerStars $5/$10 Limit Hold'em - 5 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Button raises</font>, BB folds, Hero...?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Re: JJ vs. chezlaw

Disclaimer: I dont play him enough.

It is my impression that people dont give Chez enough credit for being able to make plays at the pot because ZOMG he is a nit! The pot is big and thats a good flop to make a play on to fold AQ, QQ-TT. But he should realize that you know this, however, he is aware of his image and prolly believes he can make you fold, because ZOMG HE IS A NIT!!!!

I cant fold here. Partly because Chez is too good and partly because I dont want him to post it in LC/NC thread showing ATs.

BTW. If I had seen Chez raise here and bet turn, check river with 88 I would call and c/c c/f
Old 11-13-2007, 06:12 AM

I think this is one of those call downs you make against good players to avoid becoming exploitable. You may not be good, but if you start folding too much in spots like this then every TAG, LAGTAG, and LAG is going to pop the flop with all their pkt pairs and AQ and AJ.

I think against tighter players you can often call the flop and turn and c/f the river (as Oink said).

I can't fault you for calling the flop trying to hit a set, and planning on folding the turn, but I think some metegame considerations should be taken into account, and you should seriously consider calling down.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:33 AM

time to call down(depends on future cards obv)
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM

I think hero has no choice but to go to showdown.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:38 AM

I would call flop and c/c turn fast to show intention of showing down, and if he keeps firing fearlessly on the river I think we can fold.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would call flop and c/c turn fast to show intention of showing down, and if he keeps firing fearlessly on the river I think we can fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this "timing tell" plan in general. Just wanna add tho, that if chez plays like 1k tables its not for sure he notices.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:50 PM

Well, Oink's post is good if the assumption that chez is a nitTAG is actually inaccurate. I don't mean to offend chez (I've never seen him play) but people with the "image" of nitTAG turn out to be an actual nitTAG 90% of the time. I would call here just because spiking 2 outers is fun but fold the turn and feel pretty self satisfied.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-13-2007, 01:11 PM

"Button is chezlaw; he knows who I am."

Meh, what does that mean?

I call the flop raise always, c/c the turn prob 1/3 and don't call the river like ever. He shouldn't be able to vb anything worse than QQ here since you capped and call flop and turn.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Chez has the King, I would call flop and c/f the turn. I think against your range PJ (and most peoples for that matter) he wouldnt take this line w/ TT. He should be in wa/wb mode with any hands you beat. Peel for your 2 outer, make him fire one more on the turn and let it go.