Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What will you do if they reinstate the draft?
Enlist happily and fight for my country. 21 14.00%
F that, this war is stupid. 40 26.67%
Move to Mexico or Canada 36 24.00%
BASTARD!! 53 35.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2007, 08:26 PM

Default Re: ***yankees official offseason thread*****

why mike lowell

why why why why he doesn't fit at yankee stadium at all
Old 11-15-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, what do you yankee haters believe if the other option for the Yankees if they want to sign the best hitter in the league.

Steinbrenner: "OK Alex, we will give you a 10 year contract. 28 million for the first 5 years, then because we know you will start to suck, we will only decrease it a few million each year after that."

A-Rod: "Sounds great, guys! See you in March."

Stop trying to pick out something wrong in every possible situation that involves the Yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arod going to the Yanks for the next 5 or 6 years or whatever should work out just fine. but I still haven't even heard of any teams that even got involved with Boras in any negotiations at all - was anybody else even going to 7 years? I just think the Yankees outbid themselves for no reason at all
Old 11-15-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why mike lowell

why why why why he doesn't fit at yankee stadium at all

[/ QUOTE ]

He was part of the 1998 team and deserves to be there for the 10 year reunion.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:38 PM

lol love the yankees...they will put lowell at 1B and arod at 3B continuing the trend of moving vastly superior defenders to less important positions.

next, cano in RF.

also regarding the arod deal....its painfully obvious who needed who came crawling back to who with that deal.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

also regarding the arod deal....its painfully obvious who needed who came crawling back to who with that deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?
Old 11-16-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

how does this get a "huh?"
Old 11-16-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

how does this get a "huh?"

[/ QUOTE ]

He was confused about which 'who's should be 'whom's
Old 11-16-2007, 05:35 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3113901

Slightly amusing. Doesn't look like anything will happen though. Haha, Jeter for tax evasion, that'll be the day.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:57 AM

I don't understand the obsession centered around debating these baseball contracts, especially when most of the debating is between NYY and BOS fans. I realize that if I was, for example, a KC fan and the Royals made a deal like this, it would be a huge risk and could hinder their progress for an extended period of time...but I'm not. I'm a fan of the New York Yankees, a baseball team. I care about their performance on the field, and that's it. Alex Rodriguez is the best position player in the MLB, and he will (most likely) be playing on the team I root for. I can't complain. I know that acquiring A-Rod is in the baseball team's best interest because they are able to take the risk.

Sure, there is a huge uncertainty about the ability of A-Rod in 7-8 years. Are they overpaying him the last few years? Who knows?

I do know that the people involved with the A-Rod negotiations know SLIGHTLY more than us about the risk/reward in this deal. I also know that if they are willing to give this deal to A-Rod, then it's in their best interest. Whether their best interest is winning baseball games, profiting from the deal, or both, I doubt the Steinbrenner's would make a deal if they figured the probable outcome would set them back (baseball-wise or financially).

I laugh when a person comes on here trying to ridicule a deal because of what they have heard on ESPN.com. For example, people complaining about the length of the deal when you haven't even heard of other deals over 7 years? Maybe, just maybe, there are discussions between clubs that don't get reported.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the obsession centered around debating these baseball contracts, especially when most of the debating is between NYY and BOS fans. I realize that if I was, for example, a KC fan and the Royals made a deal like this, it would be a huge risk and could hinder their progress for an extended period of time...but I'm not. I'm a fan of the New York Yankees, a baseball team. I care about their performance on the field, and that's it. Alex Rodriguez is the best position player in the MLB, and he will (most likely) be playing on the team I root for. I can't complain. I know that acquiring A-Rod is in the baseball team's best interest because they are able to take the risk.

Sure, there is a huge uncertainty about the ability of A-Rod in 7-8 years. Are they overpaying him the last few years? Who knows?

I do know that the people involved with the A-Rod negotiations know SLIGHTLY more than us about the risk/reward in this deal. I also know that if they are willing to give this deal to A-Rod, then it's in their best interest. Whether their best interest is winning baseball games, profiting from the deal, or both, I doubt the Steinbrenner's would make a deal if they figured the probable outcome would set them back (baseball-wise or financially).

I laugh when a person comes on here trying to ridicule a deal because of what they have heard on ESPN.com. For example, people complaining about the length of the deal when you haven't even heard of other deals over 7 years? Maybe, just maybe, there are discussions between clubs that don't get reported.

[/ QUOTE ]

Steve Philips. I rest my case.