Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:15 AM

Default Taking a freecard HU against fish

You raise QJs OTB, the Lappy fish calls in the BB.

Flop gives you a flush draw. The Lap donks. Since we've played with him before, we know his donk always means a pair and we also know we have zero FE against him. No matter how scary the board, how much pressure you apply, he calls you down.

Considering the risk of getting 3 bet by him is low, do we raise the flop and take our free-card, saving half a bet?

An argument against raising is there's always a possibility of a scare card coming on the turn where he'll check to us and we even get a cheaper price on our draw.

Personally, I haven't been employing the FC move enough against these types of players. I usually just call, call, fold. And obviously, I don't try to semi-bluff them.

So what do you do?
Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: Taking a freecard HU against fish

Just call. These guys donk the turn as well too often I find. He could also have the flush draw (I think guys that will donk bet any pair will also donk bet any OESD or flush draw.) By calling you will also get to raise him later and watch him call down when he beats nothing but a pure bluff.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Taking a freecard HU against fish

w/2 overs + a FD i will raise most of the time. Just a flush draw, just call.

If you know his donk is a pair you probably know what he's doing on a turn blank and MAYBE a turn scare card. If i'm getting donked regardless of my action then i'm gonna only raise when i'm ahead of a pair.