Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: internet gambling bill to be protested in d.c. on monday

[ QUOTE ]
I would skip work and head down there if it sounded more like a worthwhile event. Does anyone know how they're communicating this primarily? I can't imagine they're expecting a large turnout based on a post to 2+2 and possibly some other sites. I think a protest is a good idea, but as others have said, it has to be well organized and well publicized to be effective. Does the OP have any more info on this? Where did you get this text to post?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2006, 04:20 PM

Who the hell is Debbie Richardson and how could she be as impossibly incompetent as not to promote the march ahead of time with easily the largest collection of internet gamers in the world, reachable with five seconds of effort?

eastbay
Old 10-08-2006, 05:25 PM

Default Something I\'d Actually Be Able To Do

No way I can make it to DC on short notice. Would like to make my opinion visible; anyone heard of anything like a "HELL YEAH I play internet poker!" t-shirt or bumper sticker? I imagine they wouldn't be hard to make with all this newfangled technology, but it'd be a lot easier just to buy whatever's out there.

The perfect travel accessory for when I visit Seattle!
Old 10-08-2006, 05:28 PM

the people insulting this initiative would be better served in using their energy helping the cause rather than sitting on their asses and criticising those who are actually trying to do something about this bill.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thinking here. Hooray for Debbie Richardson?? Probably get 1000 people tops.

[/ QUOTE ]

I peg the over/under at 125.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Here\'s Our Best Hope

[ QUOTE ]
Think about it. Would a Psuedo-President from Texas want to go back to Crawford for a Texas vacation and have to explain to the good old boys why he banned TEXAS Hold 'em? LMAO

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy isn't from Texas but rather Maine and wouldn't know a "good old boy" from a "WMD" so we can't count on peer pressure on this one.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the person that invented this dumb initiative would be better served by coming up with something that didn't suck, like the 42 man march does

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-08-2006, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the people insulting this initiative would be better served in using their energy helping the cause rather than sitting on their asses and criticising those who are actually trying to do something about this bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some attempts to "help" are much worse than doing nothing at all. Those people should sit the hell down and let someone who knows what they are doing take charge. So I disagree with you.

The only thing worse than no demonstration is a smattering of people that might be noticed by the media and make for a good chuckle in a newsbite about a few dozen gamblers who could tear themselves away from their computers and get out of their pajamas to show up. Who is going to take a day off of work on the word of some "Debbie Richardson" (who?) from some third hand message a day before the event?

If Debbie wasn't smart enough to form a groundswell of support here, let us know who she is, why she's leading this charge, and why we should plan (imagine that) to spend Monday in DC, well then she has no business at the helm.

eastbay
Old 10-08-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who the hell is Debbie Richardson and how could she be as impossibly incompetent as not to promote the march ahead of time with easily the largest collection of internet gamers in the world, reachable with five seconds of effort?

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick search of Bizec turned up a bunch of realty companies in Morehead, NC. ???

As to why the short notice: maybe the Pony Express had to dismount to deliver the message through the tubes? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2006, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She went on to say that Bush is allowed to strip away add on bills to bills he is signing so that they can be sent back to Congress to be debated and voted on as individual bills.

[/ QUOTE ]

it'd be nice if she bothered to research that no, he can't, before she draws more attention to "online poker being banned now"

[ QUOTE ]
According to organizer Debbie Richardson, "many things can happen as a result of the protest."

[/ QUOTE ]

If GWB, Cheney, and the entirety of Congress, along with everyone in the line of succession, all die in a nuclear holocaust, she can declare herself President and prevent the bill from passing that way, yes.

although on second thought, she'd just be impeached because she hindered port security, so, no.