Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-26-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Fun w/ 44

Bellagio 30-60.

UTG is brand new to the game, and posts. He is in his mid 20s, looks like a douchebag retard, and has his girlfriend sitting behind him. Before the cards were being dealt I would have been willing to bet my whole bankroll he would turn out to be the biggest losing player at the table. SB is Emmy, a small winning player who hates me. She is mildly aggressive - more so against me than almost any other - but shows up in raised pots regularly with dominated hands.

Preflop
UTG checks, folded to The Dude who raises on the button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB 3bets, BB folds, UTG 4bets. The Dude calls, already planning on raising a lot of flops. SB calls.

Flop: (13 SBs) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 Players)</font>
SB checks, BB bets.

How's this flop look? How far are we willing to go?
Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ 44

Looks good enough to call and see what Emmy does in my opinion. I'd prefer to raise the turn than the flop here and get some more legit info, still you might have to show down against UTG no matter what given the read and his awesome preflop play.

-DeathDonkey

ps: douchebag retards with girls sweating them who post UTG and do this ridiculous limp reraise thing seem to get premium hands WAY more often than they should. You should definitely consider turning a 4 as retribution.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps: douchebag retards with girls sweating them who post UTG and do this ridiculous limp reraise thing seem to get premium hands WAY more often than they should. You should definitely consider turning a 4 as retribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the expert play no doubt. I just don't know if the dude is that good yet.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:49 PM

i dont think you can go deep with this hand at all.i think easy fold. utg has a big hand. and if he doesnt you still dont have a good chance to win this hand without hitting another 4
Old 11-26-2007, 09:51 PM

fold. dont tell anyone im a nit though.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Dude - this flop hits UTG's range as much as b-way would. Emmy doesn't fold, she is river bound with overcards before making decisions. I think you should look to your right and call one card if Emmy looks like a dear in headlights. I hate to say it but I think we might be looking to improve on the turn or fold, it feels weak tight but its probably better than raising the turn.

And don't take it personally, Emmy hates every player that is better than she is and doesnt play the way she expects them to.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before the cards were being dealt I would have been willing to bet my whole bankroll he would turn out to be the biggest losing player at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 you, TheDude.

But I fold this flop myself. Barring that, I like DD's plan.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before the cards were being dealt I would have been willing to bet my whole bankroll he would turn out to be the biggest losing player at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 you, TheDude.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is getting at least 15:1 (Emmy doesn't fold overcards), still has the button, and can easily make up 4-6 SB due to his implied odds on the next street. I can't fold if I think Emmy is just calling, the pot is large enough to spike a 4. plus the meta value of catching that card is fantastic... you will get tons of action.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 you, TheDude.

[/ QUOTE ]

he is getting at least 15:1 (Emmy doesn't fold overcards), still has the button, and can easily make up 4-6 SB due to his implied odds on the next street. I can't fold if I think Emmy is just calling, the pot is large enough to spike a 4. plus the meta value of catching that card is fantastic... you will get tons of action.

[/ QUOTE ]

well it is close, but it is not really 15:1 because of the times that emmy raises and you pay 2 bets or the times that emmy raises and UTG 3bets.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I &lt;3 you, TheDude.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well it is close, but it is not really 15:1 because of the times that emmy raises and you pay 2 bets or the times that emmy raises and UTG 3bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Dude will know if Emmy is about to raise if he is only slightly observant, it will be obvious. If he suspects a raise then I agree in the muck we go. Emmy is.... obvious.