Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Old 10-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Wpt fallsview

I have a question about registration. I sent an email asking them some questions and now I am even more confused.

The email said this

"I am accepting limited pre-registration choice of starting day until tomorrow night, otherwise you need to register on Friday

Regards,

Jason"

The representative on the phone told me that they don't have a limit to how many ppl can play on each day. So why am I not allowed to just show up Sunday morning register pay and play?

Can some enlighten me, because I thought that was fine, but now this email and an unsure WPT rep on the phone is making me think otherwise and this tournament director seems to be the only one to know anything and is difficult to reach.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 PM

Unless you are Jason's list of pre-registration players, you MUST register tomorrow or Friday.

The rep saying "they don't have a limit to hom many ppl can play" is not 100% accurate; every live tournament has a physical limit to the number of players that can play (these limits set by the # of seats, # of tables, # of staff, # of days). There is a limit for each day to keep the days balanced (we cannot have 100 people show up to play on Friday and the 400 people on Sunday).
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you are Jason's list of pre-registration players, you MUST register tomorrow or Friday.

The rep saying "they don't have a limit to hom many ppl can play" is not 100% accurate; every live tournament has a physical limit to the number of players that can play (these limits set by the # of seats, # of tables, # of staff, # of days). There is a limit for each day to keep the days balanced (we cannot have 100 people show up to play on Friday and the 400 people on Sunday).

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I show up Sunday Morning at 11 with $10K, what are the odds that I will be able to play?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if I show up Sunday Morning at 11 with $10K, what are the odds that I will be able to play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2007, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim to nil
Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM

I am trying to contact the tournament ppl at Fallsview and somehow put my name on the reserve list or something. But most of the ppl on the phone don't really know. Yes it is for 600 ppl, but then some of them say something different.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim to nil

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the advanced registration policy, but I don't really get all the rest--even if there is a logistical need to keep the days balanced (why is that?), the aim of the registration process should still be to accommodate the maximum number of interested players, period--that's the beauty of having three starting days to begin with!

I'm just curious and trying to understand the reasons for the policy. Assuming max capacity is 400, and if Friday and Saturday get 200 people each and there is a sudden demand on Sunday for 400 players, why would you want to shut anyone out?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:39 PM

Last year you were allowed to register on the final Day 1, and Daniel Negreaneau threw a huge fit saying how unfair it was. He basically argued people could see how Day 1a ended up, and then one could deside whether or not it was +EV to play in the tourney.

Maybe Fallsview listened to him [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM

Hypothetical situation:

3 day ones with 30 tables playing 9 handed (but able to go 10 if needed).

Play on Day 1a will determine how long to play on Days 1b and 1c as everyone left must combine for Day 2 with 30 tables playing 9 handed AT THE SAME LEVEL.

So.... 7 levels of play on Day 1a means the same for Day 1b and 1c. There must be only 100 people left (MAX) on each day one to seat everyone on Day 2.

If we played with only 150 people on Day 1a, we could be under 100 players in 4 levels. If Day 1b morning 250 people show up to register to play that day we could only play 4 levels and may well have 200 people left (that makes 300 already without playing Day 1c!! Uh oh). Now, Sunday morning another 200 people show up to register and play that day, we only play 4 levels again and there is 150 people left. Now for Day 2 (with 30 tables) there are 450 people to play. What can you do? Make two Day 2s? Maybe... but it would reguire playing loooooong day 3, day 4, day 5 as the Final Table day CANNOT be changed to a different day.

Summation:
There HAS to be a cutoff-point in registration to avoid unneccessary problems. With 3 day ones, there must be a balance (somewhat) with Day 1a having more than either other day 1 to be sure we attain correct numbers to combine on day two.

Does any of that make sense???
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does any of that make sense???

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes more sense now, but I don't understand one thing: Are you playing 7 levels on day 1a or only as many as are required to reach 100 players or less?