Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Beat: My Life

..and how many lives has OOT saved?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:25 PM

Nh Lurker. You made the correct choice. Only the most genuine moronic 'F-ups are better off dead.

If I were more active in all the BS threads in this forum, I might feel like I had a right to comment on this situation. All I leave you with is a saying my mother has always said to me during my rough patches:

"The best decisions you'll ever make are the most difficult."

Nh, again.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:28 PM

Did you just start taking prozac. I started like 2 weeks ago and my Dr said a small % of people Get even more depressed often resuling in suicide.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:32 PM

I might prescribe myself prozac down in Tijuana. I realize I make my own reality but I can't help but feel like [censored] most of the time. Drugs might be the easy way out or whatever but if it works then whatever. I could care less about side effects as well.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:32 PM

To those that posted the "he's looking for attention" type posts:

What the [censored] is wrong with you? It takes a real bleeding pussy to post something like that where a hurting person can read it. Even if it were true, what type of postivity can the person take from it? If they ARE looking for attention, likely a barrage of more of the same type of behavior will follow, since they were unsuccessful in their attempt to garner attention. If they AREN'T looking for attention, you have a corpse, and a very sad story. Don't be idiots next time. Kthxbai.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:36 PM

Lurker,

good luck bro. you definatly made the right chioce!
Best wishes for the future.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone knows, if you tell people you are going to kill yourself you aren't. This was a cry for attention, albeit a weird one. Good luck I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban this asshat. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? My post wasn't an attempt to be mean, and if it was I apologize. I just have a different stance on suicide and know many people who have used it for attention. Not saying lurker did, but I think he wanted people to reach out to him more then anything, not kill himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your sample size is what, 2 maybe 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

Around there, personally, yes. But its common knowledge that most people who tell others they're going to kill themselves generally don't want to. Any intro psych student knows that much. Sure, there are a few rare occasions. I don't respect people that talk about suicide or go through with it. It's the most selfish act one can do. Just my thoughts on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey just as an FYI. I'm not an intro psych student, but I do know this:

My mom told me she was thinking about killing herself. She said she was standing on one of the upper levels of a parking structure, and she was thinking about how easy it would be to jump off. She's not here anymore, she hanged herself. Lot of [censored] good your intro psych books do for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they wouldn't do it, but if you're telling someone its a cry for help. Perhaps, no offense, she didn't get that help? Any cry for help over time worsens, but if someone tells you they plan on killing themselves they're saying "I don't want to do it, but talk me out of it please."
Old 08-31-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hope you get through all this lurker. If you do, I propose you get an extra = added to your e-penis.

It's BBV4<font color="orange">LIFE</font>, yo.

[/ QUOTE ]

second the added = to e-penis
Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in some ways i almost wish that i was in a position to be seriously considering suicide, because i think that it would allow me to fearlessly approach women and interact socially and do things i have always wanted to do but was too afraid and ultimately find reaosn to live.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might think so, but you're really just depressed all the time, which isn't a big motivating factor to be fearless.

I was there too when I was like 15-17. I think a lot of it is hormonal just because so many people go through suicidal phases at that age, but it really does get better, and not even in the ways you're thinking. When I was younger I was like "man, I'm never gonna have a girlfriend, I feel so lonely all the time, etc etc" and here I am 5 years later, still without a girlfriend or any of the [censored] that I thought would save me from those depths of misery, but life's better anyway. It's hard to see over the top of the cliff from the bottom of it, but there's a world up there; you gotta have faith in its existence.

[/ QUOTE ]
it does seem to make sense that becoming even more depressed and ultimately suicidal won't give me the motivation to "go deep" but only push me further away

i don't think i need to have faith in things getting better though..i do think that things will get better for me when i'm out of school and not dealing with girls who know me and already have negative opinions of me.

also, i just had this chat with lurker:

me (3:28:56 AM): talk to a professional or call one of those hotlines
me (3:29:00 AM): 1800 suicide
me (3:29:03 AM): seriously
me (3:29:23 AM): if you really are considering this
him(3:29:38 AM): not callign some hotloine
him (3:29:39 AM): lol
me (3:30:05 AM): haha it may be dumb but if its that or killing yourseld its obv whats better
him (3:30:35 AM): killing myself is what i'm doing
him (3:30:39 AM): i shouldlnt have made that post
me (3:30:54 AM): why not?
him (3:31:45 AM): too many ppl conbvicning me not to
him (3:31:47 AM): when i am anyway
him 3:31:50 AM): jsut thought i'd say bye

i have his aim and phone number and name and city if anyone thinks they can make good use of the info..i was actually considering calling the police..as crazy as that sounds

[/ QUOTE ]

not crazy at all. if police intervention saves his life, it's a very good outcome
Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM

vnh in choosing life. now kick back with some killer fire and realize u cant smoke that [censored] when yer gone.

little late in this thread but to quote the movie blow.

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on."

i've def thought about putting one thru the computer and ending it for good. but think of flopping quads, hot chicks, killer weed, and dollar beer nights. that makes me feel better.

oh ya, and LOLcats.