Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Ima break my lease, tell me what\'s wrong with my gameplan plz.

Tell them that you are thinking about moving out in 30-60 days, whatever. Ask if they have any friends or know anyone looking for a place. If not tell them to keep their ears open and offer to help find a roommate off craigslist etc if it comes to that... Pretty simple and happens all the time.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you being such a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

About this situation or in reply to other posters [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you're a douche all the time.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

How/why would the landlord cooperate with them? My two roomates signed a lease with me, which means they agreed that if I skip out on rent, they are on the hook for it just as I would be if they left.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't just sign a lease with them, you signed a lease with the LANDLORD, who will want his money. if they can't or won't come up with it, he will come after you.

if i was them i would agree to pay the rent as usual until a new tenant is found, on the condition that the landlord participates in bringing a collection against you. he's the one who already has counsel and knows how to deal with this. makes sense for both parties.

maybe i'll send them a note

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see the landlord bringing a collection against only myself. Let's say my two roomates were to show up at the office with a check for 2/3 the rent, and explained that I just left. The landlord (which is a hudge company btw) will simply see that the full amount of rent hasn't been paid.
It seems like they will do whatever is required to get the money they're owed. The best way to do that is to put out collections on all of the tenants. There odds of getting the money are much greater with 3 people on the hook instead of just one.

To take this one step further, I could easily call the complex and say that I'm out of town but I gave my roomates the (x) months rent in cash before I left, and they obviously don't have their portion so they're trying to dump it on me because I'm out of town. (I would never actually do this, but if I'm playing hardball with my rommates I could pull crap like this out)

I'm not saying you're wrong...you may be dead right, but I'm just trying to think of all possible angles here.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:08 PM

what you're trying to think of is ways to scam your way out of a binding legal document by bullying, intimidating and lying to someone.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

To take this one step further, I could easily call the complex and say that I'm out of town but I gave my roomates the (x) months rent in cash before I left, and they obviously don't have their portion so they're trying to dump it on me because I'm out of town. (I would never actually do this, but if I'm playing hardball with my rommates I could pull crap like this out)

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are you being such a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

About this situation or in reply to other posters [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm guessing you're a douche all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what you're trying to think of is ways to scam your way out of a binding legal document by bullying, intimidating and lying to someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when I think about it, I suppose you're right.

I guess I'll just act like it's no big deal that I want to move out because they told me I could cancel. Hopefully they just say ok and we all move on.

If they give me flak I suppose I'll need to start searching for a replacement.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM

i knew i would get a new title for this, bwhaahahaha
Old 09-20-2007, 07:14 PM

You signed a lease dumbass
Old 09-20-2007, 07:15 PM

I don't understand this at all-

your roommate said you could get out of it early (meaning they'll cover you or else they'll get another roommate I think)

Maybe she was full of it or maybe not but why don't you bring it up to your roommates? "Hey remember how I said I wanted to move out early? Well my dad needs me to help shear sheep in new zealand this winter"

It seems like you're not thinking rationally about this at all - you're just trying to come up with ways of being passive-aggressive about the whole situation. If you're honest about the whole thing and she reneges on the deal then it makes her look stupid. If you make up all these ridiculous lies then it makes you look stupid.

Edit: meh in the replies since I started typing this the first time you seem to have come back to reality a little bit. It is all going to work out just fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM

NT!,

Plz to be changing my title back cuz I haven't scammed anyone, and I don't want the word "scammer" following me around everywhere around this site.
Closed Thread