Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: Ima break my lease, tell me what\'s wrong with my gameplan plz.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ah, its your problem too.

Go talk to the office, tell them you want out, ask what your options are.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, don't do this.

do you each pay rent individually or does one person pay? if it's the kind of lease where the landlord collects from each of you there is no [censored] chance your little stunt will work because it will be the landlord coming after you, not some lazy cat lovers.

if you haven't been paying the landlord directly there is some chance it will work but the law is still not on your side.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of my roomates pays it directly to the complex with one check.

Everything I pay goes through her. I never see anyone from the management evar. (It's a pretty big place, and the office is wayyyyyyyy down the hill)
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they have a problem with this, I will simply say, "Then take me to court. We had a verbal agreement that I could end my lease early, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Maybe next time you'll learn not tell a potential roomate they can get out of the lease without thinking it through."

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl (while laughing): "Maybe next time you'll learn not to sign documents whose terms you don't agree to without thinking it through."
Old 09-20-2007, 06:25 PM

it is very likely that if you do this it can end up on your credit report. if the landlord cooperates with them a collection could easily by issued against you as well. this is your fault, suck it up and find a way out or live with the consequences.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:26 PM

in order to accurately asses your situation, we really need roommate pics
Old 09-20-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they have a problem with this, I will simply say, "Then take me to court. We had a verbal agreement that I could end my lease early, and that's exactly what I'm doing. Maybe next time you'll learn not tell a potential roomate they can get out of the lease without thinking it through."

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl (while laughing): "Maybe next time you'll learn not to sign documents whose terms you don't agree to without thinking it through."

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously see you point (which is spot on obv), but I'm thinking I can get past that with these two. They aren't they brightest.

That's also why I was thinking of including the sob story about sick family. Perhaps that would push it all over the edge to where they just deal with it. (which shouldn't be too hard as dids said)

1.) They think about how the did say I could get out of it and feel somewhat at responsible to uphold that.

+

2.) They feel sorry for me about my family member being so sick I have to go move in with them to help care for them.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is very likely that if you do this it can end up on your credit report. if the landlord cooperates with them a collection could easily by issued against you as well. this is your fault, suck it up and find a way out or live with the consequences.

[/ QUOTE ]

How/why would the landlord cooperate with them? My two roomates signed a lease with me, which means they agreed that if I skip out on rent, they are on the hook for it just as I would be if they left.

Are you suggesting the complex might tell them, "ok..just give us 2/3 of the rent and we will spend money trying to collect the rest from your roomate who just bailed on you."?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM

Why are you being such a douche?
Old 09-20-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you being such a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

About this situation or in reply to other posters [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2007, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

How/why would the landlord cooperate with them? My two roomates signed a lease with me, which means they agreed that if I skip out on rent, they are on the hook for it just as I would be if they left.

[/ QUOTE ]

you didn't just sign a lease with them, you signed a lease with the LANDLORD, who will want his money. if they can't or won't come up with it, he will come after you.

if i was them i would agree to pay the rent as usual until a new tenant is found, on the condition that the landlord participates in bringing a collection against you. he's the one who already has counsel and knows how to deal with this. makes sense for both parties.

maybe i'll send them a note
Old 09-20-2007, 06:51 PM

Butcho,

My point, that I may not have made well, was that it should be plenty easy for YOU to find a repaclement for you. Assuming they'll accept that.
Closed Thread