Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Downloading demos/updates on XBOX 360 causing console problems?

So about a month ago I downloaded a standard update for my 360. Anyone who has one did the same. Immediately after downloading the update, my xbox could not read any disks.

I could still turn it on, still look at the marketplace, still sign into live...everything was working except for the ability to play a game.

Yesterday I dl'd the Crackdown demo on my buddy's xbox, (finally, and thank god I didn't buy the game)...after playing the demo for a few minutes, we put Gears of War back in. We played for maybe 10 minutes before the system starting making really weird noises.

We shut it off. When we turned it back on the tray was all [censored] up, opening and closing, and it wouldn't read a disk.

When I FINALLY get my xbox back, I don't think I'm ever going to download anything unless I have to. (such as required updates)

Is it common knowledge that downloading causes problems with the xbox reading/playing games? wttttttttf?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Downloading demos/updates on XBOX 360 causing console problems?

Like any Microsoft update/patch, there's a "bleeding edge" aspect... If you can, wait a week before running any updates. That being said, Msoft is pretty good so far at re-releasing an update shortly after to correct any issues (on the 360 at least).
Old 09-17-2007, 12:32 PM

I have heard of nobody having problems after downloads. I've personally downloaded many many gigs of games/demos/videos/etc myself with no problems. It is likely a coincidence.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 PM

Same, I've downloaded a ton of the demos and videos and game updates and whatever else and never had a problem. Then again, I have a launch day console that's never had any problems, so I'm probably an anomaly as it is. :P