Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: ***The Buick***

Rory still like the new Tiger. Hilarious...good one Rory.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow this is [censored], the final round is tape delayed...how does this work, when CBS starts televising and they show Tiger and Rory tee off, Tiger and Rory will probably in the middle of the back 9. Really what's the point...

[/ QUOTE ]

W T F ? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, since you guys are such big golf fans, I would have expected you to remember that the final round of last year's Buick Invite at Firestone was also tape-delayed!

edit: For the same reasons, too (inclement weather)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really a big golf fan..I at least know that it's the WGC Bridgestone Invitational this week tho. I was watching the Golf Channel hoping maybe they'd show some live coverage..then they posted the scores through the 10th hole..heh.

Would be nice tho if CBS when they started their coverage just jump right into live...but oh well they have a 5 hour time slot to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm well aware that it's the Bridgestone Invite. that part about the Buick Invite was obviously a sarcastic nod to our thread title. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2007, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow this is [censored], the final round is tape delayed...how does this work, when CBS starts televising and they show Tiger and Rory tee off, Tiger and Rory will probably in the middle of the back 9. Really what's the point...

[/ QUOTE ]

W T F ? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, since you guys are such big golf fans, I would have expected you to remember that the final round of last year's Buick Invite at Firestone was also tape-delayed!

edit: For the same reasons, too (inclement weather)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not really a big golf fan..I at least know that it's the WGC Bridgestone Invitational this week tho. I was watching the Golf Channel hoping maybe they'd show some live coverage..then they posted the scores through the 10th hole..heh.

Would be nice tho if CBS when they started their coverage just jump right into live...but oh well they have a 5 hour time slot to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm well aware that it's the Bridgestone Invite. that part about the Buick Invite was obviously a sarcastic nod to our thread title. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I wasn't referring to you I was referring to the person who started this thread and who apparently is a big golf fan..
Old 08-05-2007, 02:53 PM

SORRY ABOUT THE TITLE I WILL TRY HARDER TO BE A GOOD GOLF FAN BY MAKING NO ERRORS IN THE FUTURE SUCH AS THIS ONE
Old 08-05-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SORRY ABOUT THE TITLE I WILL TRY HARDER TO BE A GOOD GOLF FAN BY MAKING NO ERRORS IN THE FUTURE SUCH AS THIS ONE

[/ QUOTE ]

no, dude, your avatar/title/Loc: combination makes you the absolute best golf fan you can possibly be!

no need for anything else!
Old 08-05-2007, 03:23 PM

Gotta give Romero credit; 3rd, 1st, 6th three weeks in a row against strong fields on wildly different courses.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:18 PM

I'm assuming he'll play a full schedule on the PGA next year-- and looking forward to it.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:56 PM

Just got done watching this. Why does Nantz always have to have some stupid cliche pre-planned at the end? "When it comes to Bridgestone, Tiger has a sixth sense." Get it? He's won it six times so he has a SIXTH SENSE! Ugh.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, dude, your avatar/title/Loc: combination makes you the absolute best golf fan you can possibly be!

no need for anything else!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
gotta love rory, apparently as he head toward the 10th tee, a fan yelled "more beatable than ever!", this was after Tiger chipped it in for par and Rory doubled. Rory proceeded to ask security to "get him out of here" with an expletive.

At least show up to play Rory christ...at least he's beaten Tiger 1 out of 3 times..the law averages is just going to catch up to him of course!
Old 08-05-2007, 07:50 PM

correct me if im wrong but the last time Tiger and Rory were in the final pairing together it was also tape delayed..Wachovia?