Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: I Just Read....

That the winner gets an annuity, not the 10 million. Assuming that is true this is lamer than I thought. I guess we'll see.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That the winner gets an annuity, not the 10 million. Assuming that is true this is lamer than I thought. I guess we'll see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of the payouts, how can it be lame when the end result is...

[ QUOTE ]
Tiger committed to play 6 of the next 7 weeks including all of the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care if they pay them in crude oil over a 50 year term, I just want to watch some good golf.

I'm not trying to make everyone join my side of liking this. I can understand some of the points for thinking this is lame. Just take all the hype/gimmick crap away and enjoy it for what it is.
Old 08-02-2007, 08:57 PM

IIRC, Tiger said it was "intent" to play.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I agree with the ESPN guy who said Tiger will win the first one then not play til the last one. Pull out just enough to win, in other words.

Phold shuts it down after next week gay-ron-teed.

Annuity, shmannuity.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM

i really hate this idea of a playoff system... Everyone says it is sure to produce some exciting golf...but will it? On the last day to me it seems like there could be hundreds of possibilities for different people to win...exciting? maybe but is it really all that exciting to wait an hour after the final hole to finally figure out who won with all the math that seems involved. Also in every other sport that has a playoff system when entering the playoffs all that made it start even no advantage...What i would personally like to see is a playoff system in which it goes from the 144 down to whatever the first cut is 100? meaning the top 100 scores from that first week advance to the second week and then from there start even again with the top 70 making it starting even again ect...untill you get to that final 30 for a nice final event where the winner of the 10 mil is the actual winner of the event...This would ensure the best play all four events and also ensure that the winner had to be playing great golf for a month straight....that would be real pressure.
Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM

Regardless of the opinion of the playoff tournament, are we in agreement that a decent number of the commercials have been decently entertaining/funny?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of the opinion of the playoff tournament, are we in agreement that a decent number of the commercials have been decently entertaining/funny?

[/ QUOTE ]

very much so
Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very much so

[/ QUOTE ]

The Eye of the Tiger one sounded awful but is actually quite funny. Gets funnier each time even, IMO.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:25 AM

KJ Choi said if he wins the $10 million it all goes to charity. I have to beleive other players did not want to hear that.

ESPN Article
Old 08-03-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KJ Choi said if he wins the $10 million it all goes to charity. I have to beleive other players did not want to hear that.

ESPN Article

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL, this reminds me of the time that a bunch of us went out drinking and shared a large Execucar. I was dropped off first and there was some confusion about whether I should tip or not as the guy was already paid. I threw him $20 and the next day I got a bunch of angry calls from the other guys that they all had to tip too since I had set the precedent. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]