Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 08:12 AM

Default Re: How to not get ripped off in your line of business...

As stated invoices are very easy to find on the web of tubes that Al Gore built.

However many times I showed my customers the invoices and sold the car at invoice. You can buy the car for less than invoice, but depending on how much holdback, a bonus from the auto maker to the dealership, there is on that particular model.

If you are buying new, FOLLOW THE NEWSPAPER ADS!!. These are loss leader ads and are usually always under invoice. If you see 2007 models in the paper, when 2008 have been out for several months, they are listed under invoice.

It can be frustrating them not having the car from the ad, but they will always honor that ad if it comes down to keeping from buying their Nissan at another Nissan store.

Auto makers give huge bonuses based on volume to dealers. These volume numbers are compared to other stores in the same district, so use that as a bargaining tool. You will buy it at X dealership b/c they quoted you X price, and watch these guys start open the flood gates of discounts, lol.

It helps to drop names of managers at other stores b/c they all know each other from district meetings and such. So, you drop a name and they know you are shopping, hello good price.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:22 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but buy new at the end of the month.
Salesmen/dealerships do have quotas, and they maye be only a couple cars short.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:50 AM

LOL, great youtube vid I just found on how to buy a car. Everything I said in about 5 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPor5b7JL...eader%2Fview%2F
Old 09-28-2007, 12:01 PM

If anybody anybody ever fancies learning to fly an aeroplane/helicopter....

- When looking for training school make sure you are EXACTLY clear what you are paying for. Whether this price includes tax, accomodation, licence issue, check rides etc. If not find out exactly what else you need to pay for and how it fits into your total budget. Most will add on fuel surcharges, excess accomodation and all sorts if you let them.
- Dont believe a word about what the school tells you employment prospects after finishing or training standards. ALWAYS ask former students what its really like. How accurate timescales are etc for completion of licences etc.
- Always agree on a set timescale for completion. Unless you live in a place with really unpredictable weather you should be like 'ok, i want to do this and this if its not finished by xx, im going somewhere else, ok? can you provide this?' If they say no or 'i dont know' just walk away.
- With smaller schools NEVER EVER pay any more money up front than the cost of your next lesson.
- Also demand that you have the same instructor for your duration of training. With training here in the UK costing equivalent >$200p/h for basic flight training, overlapping between instructors can be VERY expensive. Be very deliberate about this.

Probably a few other things I'll think of as well.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
-dont limp preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

How does this not get any love?
Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 PM

this thread should be stickied
Old 09-29-2007, 01:46 PM

Do not do real money transfers on poker sites with people you have not met in person and do not know well. Even if you do know them well, talk to them on the phone before making any actual transactions if the amount is anything significant.