Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Quitin time for Doyle

[ QUOTE ]
I read Doyles section on NL Holdem in Super System some time ago. I was surprised how out of touch with todays game a lot of his views were.

Watching him play that hand against Jamie Gold just confirms that the man should give it up. He was either playing above his bankroll or just plain scared, neither of which works in poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I wish I could play as badly as Doyle does...next thing you know I might have ten bracelets...and his bankroll.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:21 PM

op your playing over your head in the .05 .1 centgame you play
Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I read Doyles section on NL Holdem in Super System some time ago. I was surprised how out of touch with todays game a lot of his views were.

Watching him play that hand against Jamie Gold just confirms that the man should give it up. He was either playing above his bankroll or just plain scared, neither of which works in poker.

As a result; an obvious clown with who should have gone bust, gets away with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....I want some money on Doyle when you decide to play best 2 outta 3 freezouts for rolls.

I haven't read through this thread, but I'm guessing you are referring to Jamie checkraising Doyle off of his T high flush with a 9 high flush on HSP. Doyle made a great read in that hand. He read Jamie for really liking his hand, and followed through with the laydown. His only mistake was not realizing how clueless Jamie is about where he stands in the hand.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Problem is, if doyle calls the $100k, gold is going to probably shove the river because he thinks he has the nuts not realising he's turning his hand into a bluff. 400BB+ deep a 10 high flush doesn't look that good in that spot. Yes Gold is retarded and overvalues hands, but even Doyle can't think that Gold is overvaluing a lower flush than a 10 high flush. Doyle probably knows Gold is retarded but he can't think he's that retarded to raise the turn with 97ss, 56ss, 76ss, 32ss etc etc. Doyle has the 8 spades and the 4 spades is on the board. Surely no-one could be that retarded to raise $100k with a lower flush. Surely. The only thing we learnt about this hand is that Gold is more retarded than first thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Had Doyle had the nuts, Gold would have been busted. It was Gold that played reckless and totally ignorant. Gold never gave one thought to Doyle having the QJ S or the JT S. Gold's luck will run out someday. He plays so bad.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:34 PM

if doyle had watched PAD this week he would have called turn and river. Gold is a goon
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM

Wow, there are a lot of stupid NL players in this thread who don't like taking the next street into consideration with 400BB stacks.

Doyle played the hand great, and imo he seems to play solid throughout. Valuebets very well, bluffs well, calls down well and seems to play patiently and solid. I'll grant I can't relate to the stakes; but atleast that is my impression.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is true. Had Doyle had the nuts, Gold would have been busted. It was Gold that played reckless and totally ignorant. Gold never gave one thought to Doyle having the QJ S or the JT S. Gold's luck will run out someday. He plays so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold got Doyle to lay down the winner

ergo

Gold played it well, Doyle choked
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ergo

[/ QUOTE ]

its posts like this thats the reason nobody cares to take you seriously
Old 11-08-2007, 06:01 PM

i think its quitting time for you
Old 11-08-2007, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ergo

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting lucky != playing well