Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Over limp + min 3-bet, WTF does that mean?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $12</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($25.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $10</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($45.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $43.5</font>

100bb stacks. Opp is 28/8/1. Hero playing TAG.

1)Anyone assign a range for this?
2)Do bad players play big pairs like this, or AJ+?
3)Maybe a small pair thats fallen into a set?
4)Does it not matter because the bets from this normally passive player say hero is beat?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Over limp + min 3-bet, WTF does that mean?

I'm as puzzled as you I'd like to hear what someone else thinks. As this player is retarded and not aggro and prob won't pick up on weakness easily I would lead the turn for 20 and fold to a raise. I think you have a good chance at free showdown on the river that way

However my advice is not worth much here as this hand confuses me a lot
Old 06-12-2007, 10:53 AM

idk, but i am not letting someone get away with a $10 bet into a $25 pot, i am reraising this flop fo sho

the min bet i've seen to be huge hands by fish, that is the real thing that confuses me here.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:57 AM

I'm always really unsure vs these kinds of players. Basically, because his preflop play wouldn't be good with any hand, i can't assign him a range there. The flop bet from these players can mean monster (trying to milk hero) or any kind of draw/ace high/air. Is it best to raise this flop, maybe taking it down right away/charging draws + getting more info, i.e if i'm called/raised and don't improve, i'm looking to show down cheap or fold.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
idk, but i am not letting someone get away with a $10 bet into a $25 pot, i am reraising this flop fo sho

the min bet i've seen to be huge hands by fish, that is the real thing that confuses me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you raising this for value? I'm pretty content to take a wa/wb on a drawless board.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:40 AM

This could mean anything. These players generally have no clue what they are doing and just decided to get fancy. It's not possible to accurately assign a range, since it's virtually random.

I'd raise to $30 on the flop; if he reraises I let it go, if he calls my raise I try to get a showdown. As played, the turn is probably a fold but I'm not happy about it.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:08 PM

I call down and expect to see 44, frustrated that you didnt let him see a cheap flop.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM

I would say he probably has a modest pocket pair, but maybe even as high as TT or 99. The preflop play is so weird that there is a decent chance that he is doing something totally stupid though. Still, I think he probably wanted to try and flop a cheap set in a multiway pot, but when it became HU he thought he probably has the best hand and should raise. Of course his raise sizing is stupid.

I would have led for the pot on the flop and folded to any further aggression on his part. I wouldn't be surprised to see 55 or 66 here depending on how aggressive he is postflop. Looks like he went either continuation bet/spike set on turn or slowplay flop/hope you have a king and really milk turn. Of course he could have 99 and just be trying to push you out on the turn. As played on the flop, I would fold the turn.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:25 PM

4. As played theres no way you are calling this turn.

Trying to say he must have a pp because you have 2nd pair is retarded as well. Why can't he have say ak, or a limitless number of other hands.