21-25 8 5.13%
26-30 4 2.56%
31-40 4 2.56%
40+ 5 3.21%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Best MSNL Coaches

G_Dollaz:

We had two sessions only, and this was maaaany months ago. Not once did you voice any miscontent to me, and neither have you done so afterwards. This is the way you let me know?

FWIW given you are just about the only one who had a "bad" experience, it's way more likely you were the problem than I. Just saying it took quite some time for you to "get back to your A-game" like I somehow destroyed your game, when I in fact just tried to get you out of your very nitty ways is just plain insulting.

No offence (or well some because your post is just plain ad manners), but the fact that you yourself apparently cannot move up from 2/4 despite playing for ages and having lots of money would suggest that is not my style that is flawed, but yours. I have lots of students that have had LOTS of success that can attest to this obviously.

You are just about the only displeased student I've had, and you didn't even have the guts to tell me that to my face but instead chose to write your very first comment here.

Rather classless, if you ask me.

[censored] like this pisses me off.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:03 PM

damn MDMA, you sure owned him.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
damn MDMA, you sure owned him.

[/ QUOTE ]

A bit over the top imo. Below is G_Dollaz post, he clearly doesn't blame MDMA and his post seems pretty reasonable.

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW I had a bad experience w/ MDMA in terms of actual coaching. He seems like a good guy while he's coaching and definitely makes himself available and I have no problem w/ him whatsoever. I feel like he tried to imrpove my game and was attentive and all that while he was coaching, for me it just didn't work for some reason. He's the only coach I've ever had and the reason I've never hired nor will ever hire another coach that charges by the hour. I'm not saying others shouldn't use him and he has a great reputation as a coach on here and I'm sure it's for good reason, I'm just posting this so a small stakes player doesn't read this and go w/ him b/c they think it's a guarenteed way to beat msnl, it took me quite some time to get back to playing my A game after being coached.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2007, 05:34 PM

FionnMac: Maybe so, but wouldn't you get pretty pissed if the guy hadn't even told you once that he wasn't satisfied with the two sessions you had, only to then read about it the first time in this thread, like some 8 months later or so? Also the "it took me quite some time to get back to playing my A game after being coached." is just pure insulting, at least that's how I feel.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:43 PM

100% agree with MDMA.

People who cant man up and say [censored] to your face piss me off.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100% agree with MDMA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this gets a big lol. How should I go about saying something to his face, should I fly to Europe and have a sit down w/ him? I tried to IM him and PM him. He never responded to that and he never asked for any other feedback....
Old 11-18-2007, 09:18 PM

Alright, first out: I am fairly sure I never received any PM on 2p2, and as for AIM, I think i just removed you (I have loads of people on AIM) after I asked whether you wanted to continue after our first week, you said you were fine and that I should give someone else your spot not saying anything more than that, so I did and simply removed you from AIM a week after or so since we you were done, and I thought no more of that.

Secondly, whether you are one of the biggest winners at 2/4 or not is completely un-interesting to me, is this going to turn out into a pissing contest where you try to prove you are better at poker than I am? Then by all means, go ahead.

Also, you are really fuzzy about "it not working out for some reason", that just sounds sketchy, I'm fairly sure you have an idea of why you feel the way you do, please present your views.

Secondly, I am appalled by two posters PM:ing you about "the same experience" (which you seem to do your best at avoid explaining exactly what that is) with me that you had, that have not spoken to me about it and apparently are too afraid to present their views either to me (which they should) or at least come forward here.

I will say this: If one of these is the infamous True, then haha.

Obviously I never asked for any feedback, I assumed you were happy as it was since you never gave me any reason not to think so except that you only did one week with me.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100% agree with MDMA.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this gets a big lol. How should I go about saying something to his face, should I fly to Europe and have a sit down w/ him? I tried to IM him and PM him. He never responded to that and he never asked for any other feedback....

[/ QUOTE ]

Made my post before you said you tried to contact him. Dont know who to believe now.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:44 PM

yo just wandering, but like id be keen to chip in $1k or something if some other ppl joined me we could get sweat BLD for a few hours just get him to explain everything, etc...probably get him to record it...and we could probably run it over skype...i dunno just an idea but BLD coaching would be pretty sick...
Old 11-18-2007, 06:01 PM

I agree that G probably should have said something to MDMA, citing his displeasure. students should ALWAYS say something to their coaches on ways to improve their methods.