Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-19-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Lloyd Carr Retiring

[ QUOTE ]
hot semi-insider rumor is they want Bobby Petrino.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes 4.8 mil a year with the Falcons.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hot semi-insider rumor is they want Bobby Petrino.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes 4.8 mil a year with the Falcons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure the ability to be a winning coach again can overcome that money difference, plus Petrino is an [censored]
Old 11-19-2007, 03:38 PM

Rumor around campus is that Les Miles recently bought a house in Ann Arbor. My buddy heard this from a team photographer after the OSU game, so it's not 1000% confirmed, but that's what the rumor is right now.

Personally, it seems like everything is aligning for Miles to come and be the next coach at Michigan. "We now introduce the New Carr, Les Miles."
Old 11-19-2007, 03:41 PM

I am thrilled to get Miles.

1. As stupid as the incest is sometimes, I am happy to have a Michigan guy with ties to Bo.

2. I don't understand the "ZOMG he is a retard game coach" argument. He goes for it on 4th down alot. Good. He threw into the end zone at the end of the Auburn game. Who cares? There was no way the clock was going to run out.

3. Clearly an exceptional recruiter.

4. Good chance of innovation/change on offense for the first time in, well, ever.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bonds,

1-13 don't mean a goddamn thing if you can't beat ohio state.

soooo, i sure hope that 1-13 are the criteria being considered, while we just keep on winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sorry, but UM doesn't define itself by another school. Although we love beating you guys, this isn't nearly as true for us as it is for you
Old 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM

I'd be very happy with Miles. I would like Brian Kelly as well. I'd like a first call being made to Tedford (and in an ideal fantasy world, Stoops and Meyer). All academic as it is very, very, very likely it is Les. Meanwhile there will be hand-wringing over recruits wavering. We'll lose a couple. Such is life. It will go on.

I wound up participating in an impromptu interview with a Saginaw sports reporter for the local news station. Hopefully I didn't say anything dumb.

Thanks Lloyd. You were frustrating and could have hired some better assistants (%#$@ Debord) but you were intelligent and a fine leader and representative for the university. You made Sparty "bow down", owned Penn State, and did very well against a strong Wisconsin program. You gave us our only MNC in 50 years. You did well against a host of great OSU teams, although not as well as we'd have liked. Only 1-3 in Rose Bowls, but then that's not a new Michigan tradition. And you went 4-2 against the SEC in bowl games despite their Southern Speed.

Perhaps most importantly, you stepped down at the right time. Unlike PSU and FSU, we don't have a senile old man at the helm that the powers that be can't bring themselves to pull away. Next year is a rebuilding year but there is much talent, the program is still strong and the next coach will have a lot to work with. Enjoy retirement.

Now let's go Les!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 PM

"Now let's go Les!"

Now there's a rousing battle cry.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:43 PM

I would come apart at the seams with excitement if we got Jeff Tedford.

I'll admit, I am not drinking his Kool-Aid as hard as I was when the season began but I'm pretty sure he would be better than Miles (not counting any "family" bonuses for Miles, etc.) and if anything at least we could count on the offense being "exciting".

But we could do way worse than to hire Miles.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rumor around campus is that Les Miles recently bought a house in Ann Arbor. My buddy heard this from a team photographer after the OSU game, so it's not 1000% confirmed, but that's what the rumor is right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Property transactions are public record in most places. This should be pretty easy to verify.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Property transactions are public record in most places. This should be pretty easy to verify.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone is going on about that rumor, no one seems to have good confirmation of it. I'm tempted to drive around Barton Hills and stop at any house with a "Sold" sign on it.

Also, when I visited Yost's grave on Saturday, right behind it is a large headstone that says "Miles". So apparently he's not just buying a home but also a plot at the cemetery. He's really going to be here for the long haul.