i have rehearsal from noon to 4, i'll see you guys then

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for joining the convo.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
VR, he must've been told he was the body double. In that case, it's his job to protect the VP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. That's kind of what I was pointing out. The point is, we don't really know any more about books's role than we did yesterday, because he could be the VP and then the lynch would just roll off of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this a lot. i think nich didn't fight for himself, which he usually does quite frantically, knowing that with him and books as the leading wagons, he was dead no matter what and it would, hopefully, make books look like he has this macguyver power. i think he was dutifully trying to protect vp books.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to point out that I think Reno just cleared himself. Unless I am understanding things wrong, Nich was a miller and thought he was a villager. He gave up because he figured that I must be evil and that losing a villager to expose me wasn't a big deal.

I assume I was attacked last night and protected or something, but I have no more tricks up my sleeve at this point to bedazzle you all. I was pissed when Nich came up village, but I peeked him as VP.

I would point out that it makes sense the VP is a powerful wolf, if he was protected by having someone who dies in his stead. If I am a wolf, I didn't give up a wolf, but I gave up a significant asset to the wolves. It makes much more sense that I am exactly what I say I am. When I am a villager I believe in being truthful at all points, and the only things I left out were things that would be more helpful to the wolves than the village.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 PM

nich didn't come up village. he came up as a wolf. my theory is that the body double's role was to die the first time anyone tried to kill the vp, be it by lynching, night kill or rogue nsa agent. i was saying i think that books, as vp, setting up his body double to clear himself a strong possibility
Old 11-28-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NicholasP27 is dead - he was the body double for Vice President Christopher Wilson. He would be <u>seen by seers as the Vice President</u> and <u>would die instead if the Vice President was targeted for death.</u>

[/ QUOTE ]
This doesn't exactly tell us anything about books' role IMO
1. He could be a wolf pretending to have peeked the VP and throwing nich under the bus
2. He could be a villager who actually peeked nich and thought he was the VP
3. He could be the VP who didn't have a lynch avoid but made it seem like he did with his body double in 2nd place
4. He could be a neutral or villager w/ a side plot, which somehow explains everything

#1 is very plausible

I think #2 is possible, but what are the odds that books peeks one of the presumably few people in the game that return different from their actual role? My BS detector is going off here.

#3 seems unlikely in this case books didn't have much to worry about day 1. And in this case "peek + lynch immunity" is more complicated and FPSy than doing something like pretending to be king on day 2 and lynching the 2nd place wagon, or pretending to have a lynch immunity like dmk. It's possible that he didn't think of these ideas though.

#4 to cover all my bases
Old 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In case the writeup last night wasn't clear - NicholasP27 was a loyal agent of the government.

Day coming shortly

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-28-2007, 12:26 PM

MOD NOTE

When I post the updated player lists each morning the color of the dead players indicate their alignment. Blue means pro-revolution, red means pro-government, and if there are any players who are neither they will show as a third color.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:31 PM

From the day writeup:

[ QUOTE ]
Suddenly Government soldiers kicked down the door and started spreading out through the house.

[/ QUOTE ]

The method of this kill is much like the writeup for CinCity last night, except now it is specified that it is Government. I think this gives credence to the theory that CinCity was a seer hunt by the wolves -&gt; LastChance is a wolf peek
Old 11-28-2007, 12:32 PM

'sup guys
'sup books

I will vote whoever books votes because books is an awesome guy who lynched someone important evil yesterday, no matter what anyone else says. And I appear to have lost my previous followees (dmk and mets)

p.s. if you think books is a wolf you are not a moran in the long run, but right now, you are a moran. hyachachachacah?
Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM

Wait, so Nich was evil and knew he was evil?

I am awesome then. I read it as Nich was a patsy who thought he was good, but was fated to die in the place of the real VP.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Luckay,

Is "kiss-ass yes-man" a role in this game?