Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 01:21 PM

Default NL2: Hit the straight on the river, but do you call the push?

Limited history on villain, but he looks relatively unremarkable. 30/0/2 ish, applies pressure (but not too much) when he senses weakness. I had been playing very aggressively and had won four out of the previous ten hands without going to showdown.

The flop call was obviously loose and possibly flat out stupid; I was completely on a bluff and wanted to float him because it felt like he was starting to play back at me. Of course, I picked up the OESD on the turn; do you call the turn bet even though it's not giving you quite enough expressed odds? My call was based on the implied odds from the straight, but obviously with a limited HH, I can't say for SURE that he'll bet hard on the river if I hit. If you call the turn, what do you do on the river with his push? The flush looks like a real possibility, but so does top pair...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($1.83)
BB ($2.99)
UTG ($1.52)
MP ($1.79)
CO ($3.27)
Hero ($1.92)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.08</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.1</font>, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.39) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.2</font>, Hero calls $0.20.

River: ($0.79) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $1.14 (All-In)</font>, Hero poops his pants