FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is it
true 25 59.52%
false 1 2.38%
not enough information 16 38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Public Service Announcement: BobO has been banned *DELETED*

Anyone that couldn't see this coming a long time away is delusional.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:17 PM

guys lets all be friends again

ill give away free hugs to whoever wants them, you just have to provide transportation
Old 09-30-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guys lets all be friends again

ill give away free hugs to whoever wants them, you just have to provide transportation

[/ QUOTE ]

is money for a plane ticket to Texas good enough? (or do you need a limo too?)
Old 09-30-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And Ebenhoe admits it's personal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to this: find the part in MEbenhoe's posts where he is taking all this personally. I read that last post of his three times and don't see anything but him throwing his hands in the air and basically saying "I did what I could, he hung himself."

It's also worthy of note that I know of nobody - NOBODY - who takes exception to MEbenhoe's moderation in the Sports forum. I've never seen an ATF thread started about him, the forum rankings come in near the very top, and this is a guy who has to single-handedly manage the frothing allegiances of the baseball and college football crowds in one of the busiest forums on the site.

He said he's done posting in this thread so I felt compelled to point this out. Y'all can say it's mods backing each other up or whatever, I'm not even sure that MEbenhoe likes me - I know there was a time that he didn't. It's just that you're a pretty tight little clique and that seems to be detracting from the fact at hand, which is that BobO was a terrible poster out of this forum who became a total nuisance after he was banned, rather than examining the reasons for the ban or privately discussing the situation with an admin.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And Ebenhoe admits it's personal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I challenge you to this: find the part in MEbenhoe's posts where he is taking all this personally. I read that last post of his three times and don't see anything but him throwing his hands in the air and basically saying "I did what I could, he hung himself."

It's also worthy of note that I know of nobody - NOBODY - who takes exception to MEbenhoe's moderation in the Sports forum. I've never seen an ATF thread started about him, the forum rankings come in near the very top, and this is a guy who has to single-handedly manage the frothing allegiances of the baseball and college football crowds in one of the busiest forums on the site.

He said he's done posting in this thread so I felt compelled to point this out. Y'all can say it's mods backing each other up or whatever, I'm not even sure that MEbenhoe likes me - I know there was a time that he didn't. It's just that you're a pretty tight little clique and that seems to be detracting from the fact at hand, which is that BobO was a terrible poster out of this forum who became a total nuisance after he was banned, rather than examining the reasons for the ban or privately discussing the situation with an admin.

[/ QUOTE ]

plenty of people are terrible posters in lots of forums that dont get banned
i mentioned fortuna maximus as an example, who nobody enjoys the way he trolls pog except for durron

most of us just dont really see why bobo got permabanned to begin with besides being annoying. and that does not seem like a reason
Old 10-01-2007, 12:04 AM

metsandfins,

"most of us just dont really see why bobo got permabanned to begin with besides being annoying. and that does not seem like a reason"

We could go back and forth about this until one of dies of old age, it's obvious we're not gonna agree but here's my take and you have yours:

- BobO was a huge problem in the Sports forum, wrecking/derailing threads and providing little or no value nor content
- he was on thin ice for a long time as a result
- he finally crossed the line and was banned, length TBD
- his response was to log on to another account and make really immature posts and threats = bye bye
- no doubt, he has already registered another account and has hopefully learned from this experience
- POG mods will no doubt look the other way so long as he isn't blatantly obvious about his previous username (at least at first)
- life goes on, we tend to take the internet way too seriously

I know cliques tend to close rank but wow, this isn't that big of a deal and I feel the site is better as a whole as a result of this decision.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:08 AM

tuq:

the main thing ill give you is the making threats and immature posts thing -- and if that is what costs him it is his own fault ldo

he is ip-banned so not sure if he knows how to get around that

and yes life will go on and we are taking this too seriously i suppose

tbh i was more annoyed at durron's reaction than at bobo's banning fwiw.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:09 AM

I didn't say he's taking it personally; what I mean is this is personal against Bobo. He's disliked, some people here don't like his personality, so he is treated differently from how some others would be treated in this situation.

And as Mets has pointed out, even in POG some people get bent over backwards for, despite a history of active disruptions.

It's all a game of favorites, which is fine I suppose, if that's what people really want to do with their website. It's just not very classy though. Not classy at all.

And hint guys: Double Ice is Alphawice/Evenkeal. He's flat out spread it around to POGers when playing in turbos.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:10 AM

metsandfins,

Indeed. Now enjoy your birthday and try to forget about this BobO stuff or "second biggest collapse in MLB history" stuff. I recommend alcohol.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron, you're being a pretty big dick here. Just stop. I also think there is nothing wrong with those posts you linked (except reposting a topic thats been done to death, but that's not 'hate' worthy).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to explain why I am not going out of my way to support a friend. Plus:

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Mike Vick gets me thrown out of a bar in St. Louis

the important question which hasnt been answerd is was the bartender black

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think there's nothing wrong with this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

edfurlongs post earlier in the same thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Was the bartender a person of color?

[/ QUOTE ]

whether bobo was dissing this post or agreeing it is honestly questionable, but i doubt he would have made his without it.