Old 09-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Bobo\'s Dailly Puzzle

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
zurv's daily puzzle:

Why do people whose team is making the playoffs whine about how much their team sucks? Try rooting for a team that will probably never make the playoffs again.

[censored] you Bud Selig and your unbalanced schedule and lack of salary cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

selig wanted a salary cap moron. union voted against it

yankees have to play 6 games against the mets, redsox 6 games against the phillies, and the bluejays 6 games against the nationals.

doesnt sound to balanced to me

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, cuz 6 games out of 162 is a big deal. The blue jays pretty much can't make the playoffs, ever, because they're competing against the two biggest dick wavers in pro sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

they underacheived this year. on paper, especially when they were tied with the skankees in june, they had a chance to be there. they didnt perform

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not talking about this year, cuz they sucked giant donkey dick. In general, they are not competing on the same level as Boston & New York. The same applies to Baltimore and Tampa Bay, who've just given up.

[/ QUOTE ]

baltimore was in 1st for the 1st half of 2005 and then imploded

divisions have been around since 1969. Division games are supposed to mean more, u should play more division games then non division games so i dont get your argument.

IF you are gonna play everyone same amt of times, why have divisions at all? Just make the top 4 teams make it.

Hey guess what ... would still probably be the same teams
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

divisions have been around since 1969. Division games are supposed to mean more, u should play more division games then non division games so i dont get your argument.

IF you are gonna play everyone same amt of times, why have divisions at all? Just make the top 4 teams make it.

Hey guess what ... would still probably be the same teams

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda my point. I think divisions are retarded. Top 4 teams should make it, because that way you get the 4 BEST teams in the playoffs. Was it last year a .500 team made the playoffs in the NL? There had to be at least 4 teams with a winning record.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:51 PM

on average, teams should win 1 world series every like 30 years
the jays are above the average pace, no? stop cryin yo
Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 PM

Ok I'm sick and tired of this Mets whining. I'll look at the standing, shedule and stuff and then I'll bet one of you whiners that they'll make the playoffs.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:55 PM

There's only one whiner, and that's BobO, and that's because he's like the worst fan ever.

Go Astros WOO.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:38 PM

Toronto not making the playoffs has little to do with the unbalanced schedule. Even if they played the Red Sox and Yankees the same amount as everyone else, it's *still* going to be Red Sox and Yankees winning the AL East every year, and AL Wild CArd most years.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think divisions are retarded. Top 4 teams should make it, because that way you get the 4 BEST teams in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Divisions are in every sport now-a-days..... don't see them going anywhere.

One issue may be how the divisions are jacked up... NL Central has 6 teams, while the AL West has just 4.

I'd propose the following:
Add 2 more teams to the AL and make 4 - 4 team divisions.
Winners of each division go on to the playoffs
2 Wild-card teams also go
2 teams w/ best record overall get a first round bye
remaining 4 teams play a 3 game series (3v6 and 4v5)
winners then play a 5 game series vs the bye teams (1-vs-worst and 2-vs-other regardless of what division they are from)
Winners play each other in a 7 game series
WS is 7 game series also

Obv biggest hurdle is getting 2 more AL teams, but I'm sure the market is there... Nashville? Charlotte? Las Vegas?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think divisions are retarded. Top 4 teams should make it, because that way you get the 4 BEST teams in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

One issue may be how the divisions are jacked up... NL Central has 6 teams, while the AL West has just 4.

winners then play a 5 game series vs the bye teams (1-vs-worst and 2-vs-other regardless of what division they are from)
WS is 7 game series also

Obv biggest hurdle is getting 2 more AL teams, but I'm sure the market is there... Nashville? Charlotte? Las Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Braves if they did 4- 4 team divisions theyde have to eliminate the wildcard. You cant have 12 teams out of 30 in the playoffs, basketball and hockey have already been ruined by this crap now you want to ruin baseball too
Old 09-27-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There's only one whiner, and that's BobO, and that's because he's like the worst fan ever.

Go Astros WOO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Met fan that isn't whining is an idiot. The Mets are an embarassment to the city of New York and have almost completed one of the most horrific collapses in the history of the sport. If you factor in how much more talent the Mets have than the Phillies, this collapse is unprecedented and might be THE worst collapse ever, in the history of the sport. For this to coincide with the year the Yankees have had is unbearable, the Mets play is totally unnaceptable.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WS is 7 game series also

[/ QUOTE ]

Braves if they did 4- 4 team divisions theyde have to eliminate the wildcard. You cant have 12 teams out of 30 in the playoffs, basketball and hockey have already been ruined by this crap now you want to ruin baseball too

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be 12 out of 32 and I see your point but only mildly disagree...

BTW, I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] hockey playoffs! Basketball not so much for whatever reason... prolly because basketball playoffs are fairly predictable?