Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Default what do you do when a big hand is just thrown in your face?

villian is 55/2/.5

do you do anything different up to this point?

Ultimate Bet - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $19.80
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $4.48
MP: $8.97
CO: $5.00
BTN: $7.21

CO posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.10, MP calls $0.10, CO checks, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="red">CO bets $0.20</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.20, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.80</font>, 2 folds, CO calls $0.60, SB folds

Turn: ($2.40) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.40</font>, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $4.00</font>
Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: what do you do when a big hand is just thrown in your face?

lead the flop, if you c/r make it way bigger

turn, lol call
Old 08-24-2007, 09:47 PM

i was just talking about almost this exact situation earlier today with a friend of mine. i was saying how much i hated flopping bottom two in a big multiway pot, because inevitably, i end up in a bind on the flop when someone leads into me. if i call, who knows how many people will try to draw out, and if i raise, i can't get my stack in against the original bettor if he is deep, because i'm always crushed by anything that calls a 4bet ai in an unraised pot.

in this case, your opponent started the hand half-stacked, so i wouldn't feel too bad about doubling him up here.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was just talking about almost this exact situation earlier today with a friend of mine. i was saying how much i hated flopping bottom two in a big multiway pot, because inevitably, i end up in a bind on the flop when someone leads into me. if i call, who knows how many people will try to draw out, and if i raise, i can't get my stack in against the original bettor if he is deep, because i'm always crushed by anything that calls a 4bet ai in an unraised pot.

in this case, your opponent started the hand half-stacked, so i wouldn't feel too bad about doubling him up here.

[/ QUOTE ]

except we dont have bottom 2
Old 08-24-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except we dont have bottom 2

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i know, but its still the same type of situation, because the villain in this case isn't the sb, its the co, and the co probably doesn't have T2/24.

when i first read the hand, i didn't realise that hero c/red the flop though. that is really a pretty pointless thing to do in a big multiway limped pot. if you lead, you're very likely to get called by worse hands, and if you check, its going to get checked around quite often.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:01 PM

villain is 55/2 he can have T2 and 24
Old 08-24-2007, 10:05 PM

I think i will lead bet beacause i'am afraid of check check check situation where i dont have the oporunity to C/R. So lead out and bet the flop, if you get raised, I think you should move in. If get called, prepare to fire another big bullet on the turn and move then Allin.
The only hand that beats you is a set, and you can beat qt, kt and any two pair.
The problem is that I get too involved with this hands regardless the stack sizes and like DaycareInferno said, you are crushed by any hand that makes a 4bet AI here.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:46 PM

Call without even thinking about it.