Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:46 PM

Default going to a Jimmy Buffet concert

Me and some friends got a bunch of tickets for Jimmy Buffet over Labor Day weekend. I am not really a fan (I didn't even get to his place when I was in key west a few months back...), but after buying the tickets I bought one of his albums, and it's pretty damn catchy.

Has anyone else seen Buffet live? just how crazy is it going to be? people have been telling me it's going to be unreal, and I have to wonder if they are correct. One of my friends was told to "not under any circumstances take your girlfriend, or don't even tell her if that's possible"...
My first impression would be that most of the people there are going to be a bit older than my group (24-25, 1 is 30).

Is it realistic to expect some young girls to be there or Is my best bet to just drink a lot and enjoy the show? (I guess that will happen regardless)

anyone have any Buffet stories?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: going to a Jimmy Buffet concert

I would pretty much rather kill myself than go to a jimmy Buffet concert but that's just me.

My parents have seen him 3 or 4 times. Usually would go with at least 1 or 2 other couples who they are friends with. Probably most recent maybe sometime around '95 perhaps.
So they would have been in their late 40's or early 50's and I have to think they didn't feel too out of place generation-wise.

My hunch is that there will be no shortage of Parrot-heads who are 40+ at your show.
Probably still enough hot 20-something gals in attendance who think Buffet is the best ever but I'm not sure if he's really listened to that much anymore.

For some reason I would be surprised it the whole thing was really THAT unreal. Could be fun just showing up and getting drunk if it doesn't end up being the crazy-orgy of wildness that others are predicting.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:50 PM

I used to go watch Buffett anytime he came to North Florida...I guess you could call me a part-time Parrot Head (that's what JB fans call themselves).

The concerts are fun, alid back and not at all "crazy." You are right that the majority of concert-goers will be at least 35 years old, and some will bring their kids a long.

You might get lucky, who knows? But I think that's more due to normal concert activities than it being a Jimmy Buffett one.

Oh yeah, about two-thirds of the audience will be smoking the wacky weed.

Have fun! Jimmy's always a good time.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The concerts are fun, alid back and not at all "crazy." You are right that the majority of concert-goers will be at least 35 years old, and some will bring their kids a long.

Oh yeah, about two-thirds of the audience will be smoking the wacky weed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with Dom. The concerts are fun but not that crazy. The older folk tend to be better behaved. The college students can get loud and drunk but I've never seen it get out of hand. I'd definitely be up for a Buffet concert this summer.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 PM

alright, that sounds cool, thanks for the replies. laid back sounds good, and this should result in some good stories.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:25 AM

Someone recently described the scene after the show as being comparable to a battlefield following a day of horrific fighting--bodies lying everywhere, people moaning, etc.