Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

I just don't see, from Pokerstars' perspective, how they can do anything about it. It is my understanding that 2 accts were entered from his IP address, one his, and one his sister's. I don't see how they can prove that his sister didn't play, and he helped her after he busted out. There is no "one player to a hand" rule, so what grounds do they have?

I'm not trying to defend his actions, I'm just curious as to how they PROVE there was a breach. I could see it if He had entered along with his sister, mom, dad, 3 cousins, and his dead uncle all playing from one IP.

Maybe I just misunderstand the situation, but if Stars is going to confiscate funds just because family members entered the same tourney from the same connection, they should have had safeguards in place to prevent this BEFORE the tourney starts.

Just playing devil's advocate.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is my understanding that 2 accts were entered from his IP address, one his, and one his sister's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars' rep already posted in this thread that there were no two accounts playing from the same IP.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to believe Stars knows the answer to all of their questions and the inquiry is complete. I think it is more of a decision of how they proceed PR-wise. It is lose-lose for them the more they make public unfortunately.

If they let him keep the money there will be a backlash, and much trust will be eroded because clearly there is no way to explain this situation away.

If they seize the money, it is bad because people feel threatened by such a huge seizure from an esoteric situation as seen byt most casual players. It is not like he was sharing holecards with someone at the final table and Stars can proudly proclaim "we got 'em"

There is definitely politics behinds their decision as well. Teltscher is a genuinely unlikable guy and has many enemies. If it were somebody like Ted Forrest in the same situation, it is doubtful his funds would be confiscated. the whole issue would be played down.

I certainly don't envy the position of pokerstars' PR dept. right now. If I were them I think you have to sweep it under the rug as much as possible at this point. I'm surprised they even replied here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they know the answers to all the questions. Then I really don't see a dilemma here. Letting a cheater keep the money would be a much bigger disaster for them and many people will start to think PS is a safe haven for cheats. PP did the same thing to JJProdigy and they came out OK. It didn't affect the casual players at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Spot on post Rio, I'm glad someone with the correct amount of posts/respect around here is on the same page!
Let me say I have full confidence in Stars in this matter, but to address the last post, yes there is alot of forum chatter about this, but I still think they can easily get away with a coverup if they felt it was better business. Most of the people that know what's going on here are serious players that will not be put off playing by scandals like this as they are aware of the inherent dangers of internet poker anyway. And the casual players as you've seen from this thread will find it very easy to believe innocence and put it all down to idol gossip...

[/ QUOTE ]

idol gossip...excellent.

gg
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

idol gossip...excellent.

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
lol you see what internet forums do to my 'idle' brain
Old 10-09-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

idol gossip...excellent.

gg

[/ QUOTE ]
lol you see what internet forums do to my 'idle' brain

[/ QUOTE ]

You're my idle. lol

gg
Old 10-10-2007, 01:04 AM

I used 5 accounts, 24 computers and 67 IP addresses and still couldn't win [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].
Old 10-10-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I used 5 accounts, 24 computers and 67 IP addresses and still couldn't win [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Should have used just one superuser account ftw. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

gg
Old 10-10-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 10-10-2007, 02:11 AM

cliff notes anyone? has anything more happened with this incident since like page 20 give or take
Old 10-10-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I PLAYED TWELVE ACCOUNTS IN THIS TOURNEY AND NONE OF THEM CASHED. DO I GET A [censored] REFUND OR WHAT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars should add a new event in the WCOOP called multi-accounting NL Holdem that only allows multi-acconters to play and every player have to enter at least 3 accounts. That should be a lot of fun. and it probably can alleviate the multi-accounting problem in other events as those multi-accounters finally have their own event where they dont need to worry about getting their winnings confiscated. lol
Closed Thread