Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2007, 03:56 PM

Default Question about TAG (bet/raiseing)

ok im a loosing player and i know it. im working on it. my big leak is when i flop overcards. i just cant figure out what to do and i loos alot on them.

but my question is about beting and raising. my VP$IP is 16, i play .25/.50 on FTP.

as a learning/loosing player how can i be expected to throw lots of bets and raises into a board when someone is playing back at me.

example: (sorry i dont know how to use hand converter)
i have KK: i raise, get raised, i 3-bet, villan calls.
flop: K66 rainbow: I bet, get raised...

for me calling is easy and ill still lead on 4th street, but if i understand TAG right i should 3-bet again. but the villan is like 45/25/2.5 so im thinking he could have K6,66 or A6 for that matter. so with that much unsertentity how can i get used to re-reraising.

and on a side note i hate 3-beting or caping with AKs or AQs on the button and getting a crap flop. how can i be winning when i loose so much money because the flop misses me so much?

i just dont get it yet. please advise. is their a good thred on playing TAG?

-Riley
Old 09-02-2007, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Question about TAG (bet/raiseing)

Dude, when you flop top FH you beat all hands short of 66. When it is capped pre flop Vil dont have 66. Once you get that, hold'em becomes easier.

AQo is closer to a fold than 3bet against most vils. AK is easy to play. If it is bet-raised in front of you. You are not winning UI if there is action on the flop.

Also your post sucks. Reply to hands and read other posts instead of whining -> profit.
Old 09-02-2007, 04:14 PM

I don't really understand the hand example. You practically have the nuts, keep pressing the raise button.

Second, the overcards, when you raise pf and miss the flop, you should usually bet again (ok, it's not really that simple and you need to consider the texture of the board and how many players you've got etc). If some one bets into you, count your outs and call if you think the odds are good enough.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:02 PM

An excercise you probably need to do away from the table, whether on-line or in real life, is to get a deck of cards and deal some flops and start figuring out what the nuts are and 2nd nuts, etc. Then deal the turn and start over.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and on a side note i hate 3-beting or caping with AKs or AQs on the button and getting a crap flop. how can i be winning when i loose so much money because the flop misses me so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is based on a very important poke concept that u must try to understand. U raise those hands because u have an edge pf. What that means, loosely put, is that u will win the hand more often than ur opponent. It's a gamble. Like u said sometimes u miss. But playig winning poker is a lot about pushing those edges.

[ QUOTE ]

i just dont get it yet. please advise. is their a good thred on playing TAG?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically all threads in the forum is about playing a good TAG game, so it's not so easy. The absolutely best way to get started is to buy and carefully study Small Stakes Hold'em, by Miller, Sklansky, Malmouth.