Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Absolute - Random Tables Disconnect WTFBBQ

Ok, this has been going on for a while and, although annoying, was tolerable:

While 6-tabling, action will freeze on one or more tables, while everything is fine at my other tables. Sometimes, the frozen tables will go back to normal, sometimes not.

After a minute or so, I get the "you have been disconnected from our server blah blah blah", but as I said, other tables still run fine.

I thought it was maybe a PC problem, because it seemed that if I shut down PAHUD (and sometimes ZoneAlarm in a panic situation, like tonight gdmmt gdmmt gdmmt), things would return to normal, but that clearly isn't the case anymore.

It's getting to the point that I think I have a superstitious ritual before I start a session - I run disk clean-up, reboot, close all the useless processes in the task bar (thank you SyncMaster 402b... I needed all that crap... yeah, thanks a lot), and then fire things up. I remember just being able to fire up PT, PAHUD, and ABS whenever.

Tonight I disconnected on some tables which had significant hands that I had committed a lot of money to (and was likely winning at SD), so I'm officially sick of this problem and would like a solution please.

The rest of the innertubes are working fine.

PS. What is Absolute's policy on disconnect protection? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

PPS. I find myself needing to unplug my cable modem, wireless router, and Vonage router on a daily basis in order to get the innertubes unclogged (I don't know which is causing the problem, so I "reboot" them all and it works). Is this related in some way?

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Absolute - Random Tables Disconnect WTFBBQ

LMAO @ WTFBBQ. That is all.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:40 AM

This thread probably belongs in Computer Technical Help
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread probably belongs in Computer Technical Help

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but who reads that?
Old 06-21-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

While 6-tabling, action will freeze on one or more tables, while everything is fine at my other tables. Sometimes, the frozen tables will go back to normal, sometimes not.

After a minute or so, I get the "you have been disconnected from our server blah blah blah", but as I said, other tables still run fine.

I thought it was maybe a PC problem, because it seemed that if I shut down PAHUD (and sometimes ZoneAlarm in a panic situation, like tonight gdmmt gdmmt gdmmt), things would return to normal, but that clearly isn't the case anymore.

It's getting to the point that I think I have a superstitious ritual before I start a session - I run disk clean-up, reboot, close all the useless processes in the task bar (thank you SyncMaster 402b... I needed all that crap... yeah, thanks a lot), and then fire things up. I remember just being able to fire up PT, PAHUD, and ABS whenever.

Tonight I disconnected on some tables which had significant hands that I had committed a lot of money to (and was likely winning at SD), so I'm officially sick of this problem and would like a solution please.

PS. What is Absolute's policy on disconnect protection? I can't seem to find that anywhere.

PPS. I find myself needing to unplug my cable modem, wireless router, and Vonage router on a daily basis in order to get the innertubes unclogged (I don't know which is causing the problem, so I "reboot" them all and it works). Is this related in some way?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be due for a new modem.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:24 AM

What's your SN on ABS? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-21-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your SN on ABS? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

StepOff
Old 06-21-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might be due for a new modem.

[/ QUOTE ]

For real? Or are you just another n00b?

PS. It is 3 years old. Toshiba PCX2500.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:41 AM

it appears they added jackpot tables to AP tonight

the sky is falling
Old 06-21-2007, 04:49 AM

This happens to me all the time, there was another thread on this very recently.