View Poll Results: Which RB to start?
Julius Jones @ Was 0 0%
Fred Taylor vs. Ten 2 100.00%
Wali Lundy @ NYG 0 0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 11:32 AM

Default Re: This forum needs a makeover

[ QUOTE ]
If you're wrong, you get bashed by trolls with 77 useless posts and more importantly, by people you have helped to make tons of cash in the past who want to maintain some image on an internet message board.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should take care of itself, but it seems there just isn't any punishment or deterrent for it.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please, please, OH PLEASE MAKE ONE THREAD PER DAY PER SPORT. Every other forum has this structure. Why is this the place for individuals? No wonder nobody ever wants to help anybody.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the one thread per day per sport. We just need someone to take the initiative to create it on a daily basis. Maybe even have it sticky'd for the day.

Do we only have one moderator? Maybe a 2nd moderator can help clean up this forum, merge daily game threads if needed, etc.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:46 PM

I totally agree with OP's statements. I've started reading this forum only in the end of '06, but have been a member of other sports forums for many, many years. Structure here is certainly an issue, while I think that donk parlays and trolls make it much worse that it is already without them. For starters, I'd start censoring those threads or pushing them into the chatter box.

One thread/day per sport is the way to go for discussion while systems et.al. should be allowed to have their own threads. There has been some discussion before, but posting simple picks isn't just doing it for me.

Most forums I know have a rule that there are 'no picks without explanation' allowed. Unfortunately that doesn't count for American sports forums where that is the exception rather than a rule.

Dunno, I can't contribute anything to this forum regarding US sports and just feel it wouldn't be worht the hassle (for stated reasons by OP) to give my selections on soccer, for example.

My point is: get rid of the donks and parlay sweats first, then continuously hunt for trolls and get rid of them after a couple of warnings, too. I know the internet is a tough place, but some established posters could well be a little more helpful/ less stupd with their answers, too. It's not just the new posters wearing this down, but also long time members having given up on this forum.

Bring back some quality and quality shall follow.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:44 PM

I think you definitely need some threads other than "X sport for Y day". For instance, with a system like "betting blind against the Yankees" or "unranked favorites in NCAAB", it's good to be able to look at the system right away instead of having to dig for it in the day's thread.

However, I agree that there should be some organization. Either have a thread for your system that you do through the season, for your week's picks if there is good analysis or else just put them in the day's thread. We certainly don't need a new thread for every single parlay, especially when most of them don't even have a smidgen of analysis.

What we really need I think is a donk parlay thread for each month and then sport threads for each day. Then, if you post a donk parlay outside of the donk parlay thread or random picks with no analysis outside of the thread for that day of the sport, your picks can just be deleted by the mods.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:55 PM

I hate this idea.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM

I like the idea of seperating the donk parlays from the daily threads. I just included them in the propsed daily threads for now because they can get lost in the scuffle there faster than on their own.

A donk parlay thread, the arb thread are cool to have as monthly threads.

Personally, I think these system threads are overrated. 1369 is the only one on here out of 50? that gained any support out of it. Imnew has a system but it isn't really anything groundbreaking that can't be in the daily thread with his results that I am infact eager to read. (no offense at all Imnew) I am probably in the minority here, and see why people feel otherwise.

I think the systems can be included in the daily threads because it would spark discussion. So many of these systems come and go and they are nowhere near as data intensive compared to ones on RX or other sites. Not to mention they are often not publicly disclosed.

I do like the idea of some reasoning behind your picks although not being mandatory. Even a 2 line blurb is enough to spark discussion and enough to feed the nits to point people's mistakes out. If someone posts picks without reasoning, it is that much easier to skip past their post if its a small blip in a 125+ post thread.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I wouldn't mind this at all. Seems like a cool idea.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:03 PM

I am new here but I have to agree that less threads would be better with one exception. Crockpot should definitely get his own weekly thread. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 04-21-2007, 08:11 PM

right now this forum is organized just like other 2+2 forums where an individual hand (or play, or system) gets its own thread. i don't like the idea of doing it differently, and don't think it would work.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Change sucks. Fight the power.