Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 AM

Default I hate these hands and its probably my biggest leak...

Villian in this hand is a typical lag...47/9/1.4

I've seen him a couple of times bluff at hands where I would not put even a total check/raise bluff past him but I'm also not expecting it.

Ultimate Bet 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (5.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

These are hands I have MASSIVE trouble with. I think my biggest leak is I say to myself over and over, either #1 who is going to call with a hand that I beat? or #2 I absolutely HATE getting check raised in these hands...

Is this an easy bet/fold? Is it that bad if I get check raised here. In my thinking I cannot rationalize if he will bluff with a hand I beat 1 in 6-7 times. He folds BB to steals 35% of the time. I can't really put him on a range and can't really tell from his betting.

Does this change if villan has different stats? What if he was 30/18? 65/2?

If river was 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] does that change it? I think this makes it even more likely he would c/r this as a straight bluff, and TAG's would try it even more, putting me on exactly what I do have.

I know this may be elementary to some of you, but I think I miss a lot of bets here or not comfortable on the situations you should b/f + b/c.

I know I need to bet these rivers, I just need some confidence and a plan.

Edit: What if the straight draw was open ended and it filled, with or without the flush? Does that change it? I know these are a ton of questions but I really feel like crap after these hands.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:46 AM

Default Re: I hate these hands and its probably my biggest leak...

If he's been making a lot of loose calldowns, bet. If not still probably bet. I usually call the raise because with a straight this type of player will usually bet out, but that's pretty much read dependent.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:51 AM

Default Re: I hate these hands and its probably my biggest leak...

To me this is a fairly easy bet/call on the river. Opponent is very loose and he is likely to call here with any pair. If he checkraises you are getting 8.25-1 and I think that is enough given that this is a perfect scarecard to bluff at.
I think if he actually made the straight or flush at the river it is very possible he would bet afraid you will check after the scarecard, thus after his check it is more likely he only has one pair or a busted draw.
I would play the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the same vs this opponent. Actually I would play it the same vs the other two opponents you describe as well. Against the TAG it might not be as +EV though.
In short just bet/call and if he has the straight that sucks but it should be profitable in the long run.