Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: God help me, roommate drama advice wanted

i would just wait until the end of the month and disappear without telling her anything. if you're not on the lease it's pretty much a no-risk way to screw her out of some rent.

obv post a few signs around the building warning people that she is a crazy bitch would be a good idea too.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

obv post a few signs around the building warning people that she is a crazy bitch would be a good idea too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] http://passiveaggressivenotes.com/
Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 PM

Did you sign a lease or have to give 30 days or something?

If not, I just up and move without ever telling her
Old 09-18-2007, 12:52 PM

Sounds like you know what you need to do. My only advice is to not escalate the situation. Crazy drug addled bitches are not to be trifled with.

-Al
Old 09-18-2007, 12:59 PM

To be honest, it's kind of your fault to get engaged in a roommate situation where you find a roommate who has such an off-schedule.

Yours is pretty typical, and you know you're a light sleeper. Being roommates with someone who works a graveyard/evening shift who is home and awake while you are sleeping is just asking for trouble.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So she gets home ~3:30 AM, turns on the stereo and television (right outside my room) and becomes extremely belligerent when I politely (I think) ask her to keep the noise down. And then she rails on me about all the things I'm doing wrong as a roommate and this is who she is, and belittles me for taking antidepressants that she saw in the medicine cabinet, calls me a [censored], etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, totally OP's fault...

-Al
Old 09-18-2007, 01:05 PM

Obviously move out. But in the meantime, try getting a really loud fan for your room. Like an oldschool square metal one. I used to have a roommate who waited tables and would frequently have impromptu coke parties at 1am on Sun. and Mon. nights. Nice guy, he just couldn't say no to anyone when he'd had a few drinks. Anyway, apart from all the obvious steps of getting on him to stop, I found that a fan worked wonders for when it was just a few people in the living room sort of trying to be quiet.

This girl sounds like a miserable person and spoiled brat.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So she gets home ~3:30 AM, turns on the stereo and television (right outside my room) and becomes extremely belligerent when I politely (I think) ask her to keep the noise down. And then she rails on me about all the things I'm doing wrong as a roommate and this is who she is, and belittles me for taking antidepressants that she saw in the medicine cabinet, calls me a [censored], etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, totally OP's fault...

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Just picking a blind roommate and not finding out what their lifestyle is like is just dumb. Either OP knew girl had screwed up schedule and moved in anyway, or didn't find out before moving in. Both are dumb.

If she told OP otherwise or had been living there for longer and suddenly she turned psycho, I can understand. (It's not clear how long OP has been living with said roommate, but does not sound long).
Old 09-18-2007, 01:12 PM

aK - I understand what you're saying... but you're kind of missing the forest for the trees here.

The situation would likely be fine and live-able if the roommate isn't a crazy drugged out bitch. And most people have the common sense (or do not have the self awareness) to hold off telling prospective roommates "yeah, I'm the worst f'in roommate ever, just a heads up".

I mean what are you suggesting here, OP go back in time and choose a different situation?

-Al
Old 09-18-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just picking a blind roommate and not finding out what their lifestyle is like is just dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are you supposed to do this? Stalk them for a week? Ask to move in for three days just to see if they're a whack-job? If you have no common friends you go with you gut and hope for the best.