Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Sam\'s Town Tunica mini report

I don't get as many opportunities to go to Tunica as I did before so even though I wasn't in the best of moods I had the chance to head to Tunica for Saturday night.

I was trying to decide between The Gold Strike and Sam's Town. I had never stayed at Sam's Town before but I decided on there because I was going to play in their 7pm 60 entry tourney.

Now when I stay at The GS I get the poker rate ($50) instantly. I don't have to worry about X # hours.

Anyway so I check in at ST and their initial rate was near $200 which was pretty much insane but I give em the cash knowing I'll get the PR.

So I get to the poker room, sign up for the 7 pm tourney, and sit down at a 1-3NL table. BTW - It's 6pmish so I only have an hour to play.

I sit down and I know about 3 people including Woody who some people on here know. About 10 hands into it I look down in UTG+2 and see 2 black aces. I raise WAY too little for this game to 12 bucks. The next guy says raise instantly and throws out $30. I've played with him before and I don't think he has it in him to raise in that situation without a premium hand. So I think he's got KK or even AA. It gets back to me with a few hesitation folds making me wonder if anyone is folding an ace. So I think for a while and say how I don't like the situation that I'm in yada yada. I say "well I can't fold so I guess I'll raise it up to 100." (He had about 125 left). He pushes instantly I call and he shows QQ. My aces hold up and I'm up a lil over 150 in 5 minutes.

I make the comment about how tight I am and get Woody to say how tight I was and he was folding anything but AA there.

5 to 10 hands later it's limped to me with AhJd and I limp because I'm a sissy. The board comes Kh 3h 10h. Oh, I'm in MP with 3 others. It's checked to me as I check thinking about CR depending on the bet. Next guy checks and a lady bets $10 into like a 13 pot. First guy folds I call and the next guy calls. The turn is the Ac. I check next guy checks, and the lady bets 20. I call and the next guy calls without hesitation. The river brings the 9h. I bet 60 with the 2nd nuts and both call! One shows the Jh and the lady shows the Qh.

I play a few more small hands and quit up $360 in 45 minutes. I get my credit of 1 hour play towards my 5 needed for the poker rate and off to the tourney I go.

I sit down at the tourney with 88 people entered (500 added). I am card friggin dead for an hour. I mean about as bad as I've seen. I told my wife I was going to play loose to accumulate chips or go play a cash game so I could get my 4 more hours (tourney time doesn't count).

The first hand that I played (besides a check to my bb which I eventually fold) I look down at 99 and I raise it up to 450 (blinds were 75-150) and I get one caller. The flop comes 8-9-10 rainbow and I bet 1100 with about 1250 left. (we all started with 3k). The other guy pushes with the exact amount I have and I call. He shows 66 and my set holds up.

Next hand I play is 20 minutes later and I called a 450 raise with AKos. Flop blank he bets big and I fold. Then I start getting some decent cards, calling or mini raising, not hitting crap but betting and everyone folding.

I still have an ultra tight image (I think) and I raise in MP with AJ which I normally don't like and another guy goes all in for like 2500 (I had bet PF 900, when blinds were 150-300 25 ante) I didn't want to call but I had to with ATC. He shows AJ as well and we chop.

I'm up to 8k in chips and after we color up the green I'm in the BB with 500-1000 blinds 100 ante. I tell my wife how much I hate this situation because if someone goes all in for 3k or less I pretty much have to call blind.

Sure enough my bb 2 guys go all in for 2800 and 2500. I call blind and flip Q5, I'm against KQ and AK yay! I hit a 5 on the turn and an A hits on the river. Now I'm at 5kish with the SB. Same deal with SB I'm committed to another small stack and I lose.

Next hand I get 66 and go all in against AA. I'm out after some pretty good playing until the blinds forced me (I think......opinions on what I feel are calls blind?)

Ok so now I'm tired as can be and I still have 4 hours more to play to get my time. For me NLHE is much more stressful and taxing than LHE. Keep in mind I'm talking abour 3-6 HE vs 1-3 NLHE.

My wife says she's hungry and I tell her once I sit for 10 min or so we'll go eat and that time will count towards my play. I don't like to sit and leave the table ASAP to go eat but I was in a deal I didn't like.

Surprisingly enough I ask for a comp for 2 to Smokey Bones and they give it to me ($30 max). SB is like an order off the menu dedent type place. Anything from burgers to Alaskan crap legs. I get the Corky's BBQ buffet and it was pretty bad. My wife had a house salad and it looked much better. We both had dessert and it was pretty good. The total was 40 bucks. So I'm out 19 inclusing tip.

I go back and tell myself I'm going to be Capt. Tight arse at the table. These 3-6 HE tables are crazy late at night on weekends (or prolly all the time). I mean people calling with inside str8 draws to the river after multiple raises. When they hit they get berated and then the little arguments go on and on.

I only had one memorable hand in LHE. I'm in the BB and I check w/o looking. The flop was 9-8-8. I check (again w/o looking) and next guy bets and the only other guy in the pot raises. I look at the first card and it's an 8. I call and the next guy calls (I've only looked at 1 card.) The turn is a 7. So now I'm thinking I'm going to have someone hit a str8 on me and I deserve it. I check next guy bets next guy raises and I look at my other card and it's a 10. I call. The river is the case 8. There's no FD out there and I bet 6. The next guy calls and the next guy raises. yeehaw! I look at him and tell him "I don't think he has the 9 so I'll raise". So I raise and both guys call. First passive guy has KK and the raiser has A9.

I play my 4 hours, go to the room and lay down on the worst mattress I've been on since Korea.

If I don't make sense it's cause I'm on some pain meds so deal with it.

That is all.