Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Player Bonus Reversal?

Sorry about the length of this post, it being my first ever and all, but I've never really frequented the poker forums much before. But my friend suggested I check with 2+2 to see if this has happened to anyone before. It's kind of bizarre and bemusing.

A few months ago, I made a deposit on a site for $300 with the intent of clearing a $150 welcome bonus. After the initial deposit, I played a bit and left with $312. The next day when I tried to play, they had locked me out of my account, which they explained to me was for an address verification. At this moment, I realized my mistake, as having just moved, I accidentally put my old address in which now didn't match up with my credit card address. Anyways, it took a couple of weeks to sort this out, with me faxing a few documents to them, and when I got access to my funds again, I noticed that all of my previous transactions had vanished and was replaced by one on the day my accounts were re-opened: Deposit: $462. It seemed like they had cleared my bonus. On top of that, it said my max withdrawal amount was $462 and my bonus was still active in the My Promotions page. Anyways, I played for a few days, pretty sure that the matter would correct itself but when it didn't, I just took the money (about $450) and ran.

Now my account read $0 but I still had some player points which I used to goof around in some freerolls. I managed to cash in a few and ended up with about $12 in my account. At that point, I decided it might be fun to run that $12 up and clear that bonus, taking whatever else I can win along the way. So I'm ticking up slowly and yesterday was at around $140 but with 5 player points (essentially one session) to go to clear that bonus. I log in today to play and it indicates my entire account had been withdrawn with the code PLR. I called them up and they said it was a "Player Bonus Reversal" and that that sometimes happens when you don't fulfil your bonus within the time requirements. I thought that was a weird explanation, as they don't usually take your money when your time runs out to clear your bonus, but I didn't press. I felt it was kind of an odd conversation, as the guy seemed a bit tight-lipped perhaps not wanting to accuse me of running off with their clerical mistake earlier and me not wanting to readily admit to it.

It's seriously not the money, and besides, I certainly wouldn't have any moral authority to it after my earlier actions [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img], but we were a little surprised by what happened. For one, we didn't realize they could be that strategic in this process. It also bemused me a little to think that for the past few months, I was essentially working for them to make back the money they mistakenly gave away, and then, at the last possible moment, they yanked it all back. Anyways, was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this? Or is this part of some pretty standard procedure that just caught me in my shameful act of greed?

Again, apologies about the length, but any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Player Bonus Reversal?

Hi
Your not getting any replies because it's your 1st post and could just be a horseing around. Giving you the benifit of doubt I would say that if you screw a poker site out of money it's for life, its always going to be on file so if you choose to do it, <font color="red"> NEVER </font> go back there.

<font color="blue"> "Or is this part of some pretty standard procedure that just caught me in my shameful act of greed?"
</font>

YES
Old 09-29-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Player Bonus Reversal?

What goes around comes around kiddo........