Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Default Re: Brag: No stocks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beat: Got killed in the market since I'm more long that I was a few months ago

Brag: Short stocks did pretty well

Variance: Decided to long a stock at the end of the day hoping for a rebound and bought 90k worth when I only wanted 20k worth. Can't do math right when I wake up. PLEASE DON'T GO BUSTO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest taking all of your money out of the markets because you clearly have no understanding of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take your 22 post insight into consideration. Probably will put more weight on my finance degree and equity research friend more though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lmao. This is the most ridiculously good example of judging a persons competence at something by their post count on a (totally unrelated) message board.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:00 PM

I got [censored] today with stocks
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Variance: Decided to long a stock at the end of the day hoping for a rebound and bought 90k worth when I only wanted 20k worth. Can't do math right when I wake up. PLEASE DON'T GO BUSTO!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest taking all of your money out of the markets because you clearly have no understanding of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will take your 22 post insight into consideration. Probably will put more weight on my finance degree and equity research friend more though.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, i guess i need at least 200 post to buy these so called short stocks that did so well. I suggest you ask your school for a refund or enlighten the rest of the world on how to purchase these short stocks.

Brag: my longs went up
Beat: my shorts went down
variance: you cant long/short spot assets.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:15 PM

i have like 80k in index funds and i think i lost 150 bucks today
Old 02-27-2007, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got [censored] today with stocks

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-28-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, i guess i need at least 200 post to buy these so called short stocks that did so well. I suggest you ask your school for a refund or enlighten the rest of the world on how to purchase these short stocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got, like, 250 posts in bbv so my opinion on stocks is about 8 times more valid than yours.

Variance: I don't own stocks
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got, like, 250 posts in bbv so my opinion on stocks is about 8 times more valid than yours.

Variance: I don't own stocks

[/ QUOTE ]
i have like 2000 posts in bbv, does this make me a harvard professor of finance or something?
Old 02-28-2007, 12:39 AM

UPDATE: Asia falls further

Lost high 5 figures already! FFS
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 AM

brag is if buy stuff today
Old 02-28-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You buy short stocks, DUH!

On the same topic kinda, I was disgusted the other day when my brokerage told me that I had to buy back some of my short positions on PIR because they couldn't borrow that much anymore. So they are literally gambling against you? Seems like if they are borrowing while you short, they could keep a hold of more than 1400 shares of a ticker as heavily traded as PIR.

I know this is OT, but can someone explain if all of these discount brokerages are the same in that they borrow shares you short. Are places like Tradestation less of a "middle man" and don't do the same thing?