Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 01:31 AM

Default NL 1/2 Two tough hands vs. maniac

NL 1/2 3-handed

Villain's SN is IAmDanHarrington but is anything but a nit. First hand he sat, UTG raised to 6, I made it 21 with Kings and he made it 52 in the BB, with UTG folds and I smoothcalled. I check/called a donkbet on a KQ5 rainbow flop, then check/raised his donk turnbet to 40, he called, I shoved blank river and he tabled 55 naturally. Since then he has raised almost no hands on the button, just limp/calling when I raise in the BB, and hasn't reraised me pf since. He'd occasionally would overbet pot or just open-shove some flops/turns when I had nothing, and always c-bet when raising pf. Since that hand I chipped up to $300, he has $650.

Hand 1:

Villain limps, SB folds, Hero raises to $9 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Villain raises to $16, Hero calls.

Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain checks.

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $16, Hero calls.

River 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $64, Hero?

Probably needed to 4-bet preflop to $65 or something right? I was puzzled by him checking back the flop. Do I have to call river if I'm calling turn?

Hand 2:

Same stacks as before

Villain limps, SB folds, Hero raises to $9 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Villain calls.

Flop 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets $14, Villain calls.

Turn 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero bets $38, Villain calls.

River K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero checks, Villain bets $116, Hero?

I haven't seen him fire pot on the river unless he bet pot on the flop/turn as well. Fist-pump?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:54 AM

Default Re: NL 1/2 Two tough hands vs. maniac

Sigh, are these super-standard or am I just hated by all [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 03:28 AM

Default Re: NL 1/2 Two tough hands vs. maniac

i dont think they are standard at all. They are def. both tough spots.

Hand 1. 4bet preflop 3-handed..i like how you played postflop and i think you're hand is good here enough to call because it is underepped.

Hand 2. problem is by checking river, you allow him to take you off of hand with Q10,89,etc. because it looks like you have scared top pair... but a blocker bet seems like its maybe spew because pot has already gotten fairly big.
Pretty sure i can find a fold with his pot-sized river bet.