Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, lest we forget

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely. Don't talk to me about Bush's unnecessary war without discussing Lincolns unnecessary war.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:17 AM

i love it when people assume that because something is written in a book it must be true. rather than going based on what you read off the cover of a book, do research yourself
Old 09-25-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i love it when people assume that because something is written in a book it must be true. rather than going based on what you read off the cover of a book, do research yourself

[/ QUOTE ]
you know how long it takes to read a book? obv there MUST have been an unnecessary war, otherwise wtf with the cover dude? get your [censored] straight
Old 09-25-2007, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it when people assume that because someone posted a cover of a book they automatically think that the person assumed that because something is written in a book it must be true, instead of assuming that someone posted an objective viewpoint without comment to encourage others to do research themselves.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM

Should I know who either of these dudes are?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:24 AM

nobody in this thread knows jack [censored] about american politics (except THE ed furlong)
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 AM

Maybe if he didn't spend all of his free time wishing he could blow Jesus while shooting a black person and an abortion doctor at the same time he could be a good candidate. Some of his other ideas aren't actually horrible.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:29 AM

RAPPIN FOR RON PAUL

fullscreen, bitches
Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i love it when people assume that because someone posted a cover of a book they automatically think that the person assumed that because something is written in a book it must be true, instead of assuming that someone posted an objective viewpoint without comment to encourage others to do research themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

so your argument is "go figure it out yourself" rather than posing a coherent thought?
Old 09-25-2007, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so your argument is "go figure it out yourself" rather than posing a coherent thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought is that Lincoln didn't give a [censored] about slavery. That is a documented fact. The Emancipation Proclamation, to put it in todays politics, is about = GW standing on the Aircraft Carrier with the "Mission Accomplished" banner behind him.

Lincoln engaged in the Civil War against, what in todays terms, can be called the first Libertarians. The South wasn't defending slavery, the north wasn't fighting slavery. The abolition of slavery just turned out to be the only positive outcome in an otherwise unjust war, against people who simply thought they had a better idea, which, once slavery is removed from the argument, imo, they did.

The South had these crazy ideas about lower taxation, less government involvement in peoples lives, and more freedom to trade with whomever they desired internationally, without excessive taxation. Do those "crazy" idea's sound familiar to anyone?

Lincoln felt threatened by a growing State's Right's movement in the US, particularly, but not limited to, the southern region, and decided to use the US Military to quash it, allowing the beginnings of the massive government that FDR helped bring to an overwhelming (and overbearing) status.

I really hope I've educated some of you who were taught in the public school system that the Civil War was fought over slavery.

Thank God for private schools. Just more proof that the government can destroy anything the citizens allow it to touch, I guess.
Closed Thread