Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Brag: I got me a medical marijuana card

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ needing a card to buy weed. there's like plenty of shops in the city to buy it over here. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats only in 2 states. most others make it illegal to own weed period. which im in full support of. your shop thing really shows europe is a bad light

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you're for banning alcohol and tobacco too. Because otherwise you're just a [censored] hypocrite.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess im not a hypocrite then

[/ QUOTE ]

what a [censored] nit
Old 09-24-2007, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so not being for drug abuse = im a nazi?

that makes perfect sense...

[/ QUOTE ]

U're a [censored] nazi because you support the government telling people what they can and cannot put into their bodies. And I would love to hear you list all of your reasoning on why pot should be banned but I could probably list all the [censored] you'll regurgitate to me faster than you could. People like you are a [censored] disease to this planet.

EDIT: Watch this starting at 2:50 if you have a single open minded brain cell in you. Penn And Teller [censored] episode on drugs. The video only works if you watch it in "original size."
Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there really needs to be an age limit for getting medical marijuana licenses, since the clear majority of those that have them are in their 20s and really have nothing wrong with them and just want legal drugs

[/ QUOTE ]

Or.. make it legal for all, so if young people want to smoke a plant instead of drinking poison they can do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT

QUOTED FOR M0THERFUTTIN TRUTH
Old 09-24-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

U're a [censored] nazi because you support the government telling people what they can and cannot put into their bodies. And I would love to hear you list all of your reasoning on why pot should be banned but I could probably list all the [censored] you'll regurgitate to me faster than you could. People like you are a [censored] disease to this planet.

EDIT: Watch this starting at 2:50 if you have a single open minded brain cell in you. Penn And Teller [censored] episode on drugs. The video only works if you watch it in "original size."

[/ QUOTE ]

i support overall safety. and if weed were legalized, an epidemic would be released, even just short term. everyone wuold be doing it cause they can...that cant be good

and would a site called "pot-tv.net" really be unbiased?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i support overall safety. and if weed were legalized, an epidemic would be released, even just short term. everyone wuold be doing it cause they can...that cant be good

and would a site called "pot-tv.net" really be unbiased?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a re-broadcast of Penn and Teller's show Bull [censored] which is a major show on Showtime. My apologizes for the fact that I couldn't find it on YouTube.

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/prevepi...isodeid=s2/war
Old 09-24-2007, 08:21 PM

cant watch it right now...
Old 09-24-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welp, none of this sure is true.

Edit: Here are some fun quotes from everyone's favorite historical anti-marijuana crusader, Harry J. Anslinger:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marijuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

This definitely sounds like a man whose policies I feel obligated to follow.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]You have no evidence for this. On the contrary, look at our alcohol laws. There is general consensus in the scientific community that America's age limit of 21 is partially to blame for our higher incidence of binge-drinking among people younger than 21. In countries where kids can drink wine, for instance, people are overall much more responsible about drinking throughout their lifetimes. The negative health effects of drinking in those countries is generally less than the U.S.'s.

You can also look at "abstinence-only" sex education. It does the opposite of what it's supposed to do. Kids taught under it do not have sex less often (in fact it's possible they have it more often), and they get STDs much more often than kids taught full sex education.

And I would love to hear your definition of "drug abuse". Just what harm do you really think marijuana does to a person?

Then there's the whole issue of measuring the phantom health benefits of your plan on society, with the very real effects on our society that putting millions of productive, tax-paying people into prisons would cause. It doesn't look like you've even considered that. If a guy is in prison for drinking, and thereby can't provide health insurance to his kid, do you even count those medical costs?

Then there's the issue governmental regulation of the sale of marijuana killing off a black market, forcing some of those people into tax-paying jobs, making safer weed (there's some really bad stuff out there now), etc.

I could go on and on. I'm just glad the people making decisions have brains just a little bigger than yours.