Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Default Re: Screwed this one up, 200/400 vs UrinDanger

What about shoving the river. I think his most likely hand is a pair and a straight draw (98, 78 etc) or a pair and a flush draw he picked up on turn (or maybe he was floating the flop and picked up a Q in which case he won't fold). I think this would be a pretty hard call with 1 pair on the river for him to call a shove. It turns your hand into a bluff but I think if he had a stronger hand than 1 pair, he'd put it in on the turn (though I haven't played him in a some times so he might have changed his style). I think you get a lot of 1 pair, non-Q hands to fold, and that is the majority of his range by the river.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM

what hands does he bet for value on the river? doesnt he raise the turn with a set so if an 8 or a 6 falls that it doesnt kill his action from a possible overpair or an ace queen type of hand? i think j 10 is a very real possibility here or a hand like 2 8s or possibly 6s i dont know the villan very well but they are definate real possibilities, but then again i guess if he has 6s or 8s he can have a set just as often
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM

I think c/f turn is better and c/f riv obvious
Old 05-23-2007, 01:03 AM

i think both the flop and turn bets are bad and the river is a definite check/fold. hand seems played pretty poor to me. on the turn the board texture is such that you can be continuing a semi bluff there with a ton of hands so he be suspicious harder for you to know where you're at
Old 05-23-2007, 02:11 PM

I had to look over the hand 3 times to make sure I'm not missing you improving somehow, and now that I see you didn't, what is the tough decision here? You think he double-floated you with total air praying the whole time you just check-fold on the river after he has showed no initiative in the hand whatsoever!? Seriously, c'mon.

The only interesting part of the hand here imo is the turn bet. At first I liked it since a big part of Urin's range won't be able to call it... the problem is, a bigger part of his range will be able to raise it, so thinking more about this I think a check on the turn is better since you didn't improve at all whastoever, and if you decide you don't want to give up on the hand, you can check and c/r AI if he bets, c/f and lose the minimum, or get a free card to outdraw him if he checks behind. It's not like you have much of a hand to protect here where you don't want to "risk" giving him free cards. So like you said in the beginning, the whole hand is kinda ugly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kirk
Old 05-31-2007, 01:00 AM

I think the flop and turn plays are both standard. I agree with Em2 UD range consist of some straight draws, middle pairs, and something like 9T etc. A turn bet is standard, with cts raising range at utg plus one he can easily have at least a Q, and UD will be put to hard river decision if he decides to call. I think if UD was light, he would have looked to take away the pot on the turn. He could have very well have been floating and caught a Q. I think check fold on the river is probably the way to go.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 PM

Default results

I folded. Had the best hand though.