Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Adults dupe teen into MySpace-assisted suicide

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

This is not the same as you killing someone in your front seat. Or the same as a child molester. Or anything else...because phyiscally, these adults didn't do anything. They emotionally scarred this child, but that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think child molestation is so wrong, it isnt because its so physically damaging. If it was we'd all be in jail everytime we effed some virgin, or some girl with a nice tight box. Its so wrong because of the mental damage it does to someone. It has ZERO to do with anything physical.

li·a·ble (l-bl)
adj.
1. Legally obligated; responsible:

so we're talking legal responsibility right?

mbillie, wtf are you arguing here? We're talking about legal liability, not whether or not the kid was a pathetic crybaby who couldn't take abuse.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is a major difference between randomly pissing people off and insulting depressed anonymous people on the Internet and making a personal and premeditated connection with someone you know and intentionally picking at their weaknesses as an adult.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude remember middle school, jr high, high school? Picking on someone's weaknesses deliberately to cause emotional harm happens constantly, people with depression are not exempt... and yet most of them don't kill themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem hellbent on proving that emotional distress is not causation for physical self-harm. Bad news; I don't care about that, nor do I take a side on that argument.

I am merely pointing out that they are liable for her death. Not responsible.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a very clear and logical line of arguments that connect event A to event B in this case. Your argument is irrelevant; just because suicides are always complicated doesn't mean that there isn't an at-large reason why someone decided to kill themselves.

You're hanging on to an argument that you know sucks for the sake of arguing over the Internet and saving face. Stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was directed at me. Its a strawmen account of my argument. I am not arguing that there isn't a main reason, just that it isn't clear given what we know of this case. Also it's even harder to prove. The fact the family did not file suit suggests that they know they did a lot of nasty stuff to their own daughter and feel guilty about it. That at least could be the case. Also you are not the boss of the internet and have no idea why I am making an argument which 'I know sucks'. I know the argument you attributed to me sucks, but that's not mine. I am not trying to save face, I say stupid [censored] on these forums all the time, I don't care about my forum rep, and it's close to anonymous anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, you make the same mistake as mbillie1. I am not saying they are responsible. I am saying they are liable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the legal difference... what is the ethical difference? I mean what is ethically the point at which someone is only accountable by paying a fine? I mean I agree, it's likely they'd be found liable... but is that right?

[ QUOTE ]
dude remember middle school, jr high, high school? Picking on someone's weaknesses deliberately to cause emotional harm happens constantly, people with depression are not exempt... and yet most of them don't kill themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a difference between simple hazing and bullying between peers in middle and high school and deliberate, malicious acts of torment by a group of adults towards a pubescent girl.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

This is not the same as you killing someone in your front seat. Or the same as a child molester. Or anything else...because phyiscally, these adults didn't do anything. They emotionally scarred this child, but that's it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think child molestation is so wrong, it isnt because its so physically damaging. If it was we'd all be in jail everytime we effed some virgin, or some girl with a nice tight box. Its so wrong because of the mental damage it does to someone. It has ZERO to do with anything physical.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh not true. The damage is mental but the VIOLATION is physical.

What's worse, touching childs breasts or telling her I want to touch her breasts? The physical act is huge
Old 11-14-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
li·a·ble (l-bl)
adj.
1. Legally obligated; responsible:

so we're talking legal responsibility right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice try, you intellectually dishonest moron.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem hellbent on proving that emotional distress is not causation for physical self-harm. Bad news; I don't care about that, nor do I take a side on that argument.

I am merely pointing out that they are liable for her death. Not responsible.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, I thought an earlier post of yours was directed at me when it wasn't; just ignore me lol