Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Blind Date Set-Up

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call and say this is ________. Did your dad tell you he gave me your number to give you a call?

Her: No.

You: Well, he also gave me a picture. You might want to check with him and make sure he's not just passing these out on the subway.

or...

she says she was aware and you start a normal conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get this its the part of starting the normal converrsation thats hard for me, were strangers whove never even seen each other, how does a normal conversation go under these cicumstances?

[/ QUOTE ]

you could go bold and try something like where do you live? how do you like your neighborhood? where do you normally go out? oh, i've been out to such and such, do you want to grab a drink there sometime? don't blow all your good material here. save it for the date.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:14 PM

don't go on a one on one date. call her, tell her how you got her number and ask her if she wants to hang out w/ you and some friends when you go to do X. give her an out. make sure to give her an out halfway in like oh i think we're also going to go see a movie, go to a party, go get something to eat. would you like to come? or i can drop you off if you like.

EDIT: If you are 22 or older, dont do the group thing
Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last time something like this happened I called the girl, said hi my name is eddie your mom gave my dad your #, were u expecting my call, she said no

[/ QUOTE ]

Course not, she was expecting to hear from Joe ...

[ QUOTE ]
I know but is it ok that basically our first conversation will consist of hi, my name is joe, I got your number form my father

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

i would have your dad call and say "i'm friends w/your dad and we think my son should take you out"

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he should have his dad call for a date, unless he also needs to drive them to the movie theater and purchase their rated R ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]
this was meant to be a joke b/c i was so traumatized by this thread..then it took a serious twist and OP might really go thru with this. Don't.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM

I think I will go through with this, she looks cute in the pic, in school for a good career, why not how bad can it be?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I will go through with this, she looks cute in the pic, in school for a good career, why not how bad can it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hi my name is eddie your mom gave my dad your #, were u expecting my call, she said no, this was followed by like 5 seconds of akward silence n I finnaly said oh ok I gues bye then

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-09-2007, 06:20 PM

Please make sure to tell us exactly how the conversation goes so we can all say we told you so.

Oh, good luck btw.

T
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any other opportunity you might be introduced to her? If not, I'm on your side, man, go for it. I don't understand all the "awkward" talk in the thread.

edit: that is, why would one make the potential awkwardness of the situation (on either end) determine whether or not you call instead of one's interest level (already increased in OP's case). The only unusual thing, for me, is if these parents are giving out pictures and info without their son or daughter's knowledge.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:37 PM

How do you not show us her picture in exchange for us helping you out?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
blunty,

Where do you live and what is your ethnicity?

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah...bingo, that was going to be my exact question, having this happen once, eh weird but acceptable, but twice, its going to be a cultural thing