Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2007, 05:35 PM

Default god dammit mariano [censored] rivera

look, i hate your god damn team, it was hard enough to draft you even when it was about three or four rounds later than you should have been taken, because my league is full of fantasy noobs and red sox fans.

PLEASE STOP SUCKING WILD ASS IN NON SAVE SITUATIONS.

wtf joe torre: stop putting rivera in when he can't even help me and letting him give up a bunch of [censored] hits. jesus h christ [censored] 11 to 5 the fruitbat captain electrocuto [censored] vampire mother [censored] is 100 years old he doesn't need extra work, now he threw over 30 pitches and he can't [censored] get me a save in a one-run game tomorrow night

joe torre eat [censored] and die in a [censored] grease fire started by the radioactive santorum a-rod left on jeter's pillow
Old 06-16-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: god dammit mariano [censored] rivera

[ QUOTE ]
look, i hate your god damn team, it was hard enough to draft you even when it was about three or four rounds later than you should have been taken, because my league is full of fantasy noobs and red sox fans.

PLEASE STOP SUCKING WILD ASS IN NON SAVE SITUATIONS.

wtf joe torre: stop putting rivera in when he can't even help me and letting him give up a bunch of [censored] hits. jesus h christ [censored] 11 to 5 the fruitbat captain electrocuto [censored] vampire mother [censored] is 100 years old he doesn't need extra work, now he threw over 30 pitches and he can't [censored] get me a save in a one-run game tomorrow night

joe torre eat [censored] and die in a [censored] grease fire started by the radioactive santorum a-rod left on jeter's pillow

[/ QUOTE ]

He gave up 3 cheap hits to load the bases. Gomez and Reyes both did a good job of hittign to follow to go back up the middle. Even though he gave up 5 runs he wasn't BAD theyre was just hard luck and a few quality AB's. Stop caring about fantasy and the game is more fun.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:49 PM

i switched over from the sox game when i saw the bases were loaded, i didn't think he looked all that sharp, and neither did the homer yankees announcers who were bitching about the strike zone.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:00 PM

I WONDER IF ANY1 HAS NOTICED that since the mlb has taken steroid usage alot more seriously in recent years that mariano rivera has drastically dropped off and not been as dominant as he used to be

COINCIDENCE I THINK NOT!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:03 PM

troll,

plz die
Old 06-16-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i switched over from the sox game when i saw the bases were loaded, i didn't think he looked all that sharp, and neither did the homer yankees announcers who were bitching about the strike zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Gomez and Reyes hits were both hit solidly up the middle. The 1st 3 were all cheap grounders to the hole. Especially Castro's which was ridiculous but Derek Jeter the defsnive over-rated range-less wonder couldn't get to it.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:10 PM

that's the old theory of 'hit em where they ain't, or else to jeter's left'
Old 06-16-2007, 06:49 PM

yankees don't have save situations. they either lose by 1 (see 1 run game record) or win in a blow out.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yankees don't have save situations. they either lose by 1 (see 1 run game record) or win in a blow out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now, that's true.

I probably would have said something different at the beginning of the season, but now I'll say you're kind of silly to place your entire RP hopes in a fantasy league on just Rivera. There are lots of grade-A closers out there. In fact, there should be 30 of them total. So what's the big deal? Search the wire.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:20 PM

bebe,

i've got saito and accardo too. my league uses a lot of pitchers (5 SP, 3 RP, 1P). i am actually no worse than 4th in any pitching category (out of 12), it's just that i would be KILLING right now if rivera was giving me numbers at or near his career norms.