Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Why does KoRn SUCK so [censored] bad now?

I picked up the new Korn CD last week. I've listened to it a couple times now. So far, absolutely nothing has stood out to me as catchy or cool.

I was the biggest fan when the first album came out. It was groundbreaking, original, and it spawned a new genre of music. Pretty cool.

That's all well and good, but they've not even come close to topping this album. Life is Peachy was ok, but pretty meh. Follow the Leader was actaully "good" but not outstanding.

Anyway I just wanted to rant for a bit. Its always a bummer when one of your previously favorite bands goes downhill. Is anybody actually still a fan?
Old 08-09-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Why does KoRn SUCK so [censored] bad now?

Now?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Forgot to mention I'm aware that this is totally old news.... still I was kind of hoping they'd turn it around
Old 08-09-2007, 05:05 PM

didnt the self titled come out over 10 years ago?

davis et al are old now and seeing clips from old vs new shows they seem to have lost all their energy...i stopped listening to them after follow the leader...
Old 08-09-2007, 05:41 PM

They were so good for their first couple of albums then they just fell apart. Sucks a lot.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:57 PM

meh, they had more decent albums than most of the similar genre bands that came out during that time...staind, bizkits, etc...
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 11:24 PM

They suffered from what most bands suffer from: One-good-album-itis.

They spent so much time writing and perfecting the songs before they were signed to their first deal they essentially blew their wad on the first album. Once their creative energy was gone, that was the end of the good albums.

Their first is one of my favorite albums of all time. Seeing them open for Megadeth and KMFDM was awesome. After that, not so much.

I'm going to get ripped a new one for this but I think Tool suffered the same fate, except it took them an EP and two full albums to reach that point. Which makes them a better band.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:25 AM

Not sure why their new album sucking is any surprise. The only strong album they've put out was their first, about 12 or 13 years ago.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They suffered from what most bands suffer from: One-good-album-itis.

They spent so much time writing and perfecting the songs before they were signed to their first deal they essentially blew their wad on the first album. Once their creative energy was gone, that was the end of the good albums.

Their first is one of my favorite albums of all time. Seeing them open for Megadeth and KMFDM was awesome. After that, not so much.

I'm going to get ripped a new one for this but I think Tool suffered the same fate, except it took them an EP and two full albums to reach that point. Which makes them a better band.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never forgiven myself for missing the Portland show when they opened for KMFDM and God Lives Underwater opened before Korn. I heard it was absolute insanity. This was back when like nobody knew who the [censored] korn was, let alone God Lives Underwater.

First time I saw them play, they opened for Ozzy. It was a pretty good show, but I was pissed at all the [censored] dinosaur rockers shouting for Ozzy halfway through their set.

Totally disagree that Tool has suffered the same fate. Sure they peaked with Aenima, but I think both of the new ones come damn close in quality. I still eagerly await any releases by Tool or A Perfect Circle. Tool is an artistic statement and Maynard et al have been dedicated to maturing as a band and creating innovative new material.