Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 04:10 AM

Default SSNL Full ring

I've been playing for several years online, I started playing at Partypoker when they had 200NL as the highest cash game and the blinds were 2-4. Like most, I've switched to 6 max for the past two years. The games are now hard to beat and there is many tough regulars that I can honestly say are better than me.

Is it worth it to switch back to full ring because of this, or are the games very tough and full of multitabling TAGs like the shorthanded games.

I play 100NL and 200NL and as high as 600NL if a good game is going. I would drop to 100NL if I start at full ring again. I can 12 table, so is it worth it for me to play full ring again?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:40 AM

Default Re: SSNL Full ring

You're still at Party, right?
Old 02-18-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: SSNL Full ring

I switched to FR because I could easily 12 table FR, while I could only 4 table 6 max, hence my hourly is much higher for FR.
For 100 and 200nl the FR games on stars do have a lot of multitabling TAGs, but most of them are just not very good and are very weak/abc players. You really won't start to get 3-bet until 200nl and even there, the weak tight <5% PF raising TAGs far out number the >10% PF raisers.

Basically for 100 and 200nl the 6 max tags are much much better than the FR ones and have much more opened up games. If you are a winning 6-max player at 100nl you will probably crush 100nl fr after you make the necessary adjustments.