Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

Betting the river, getting called, then asking the caller what he has. Just table your [censored] hand.

--klez
Old 11-10-2007, 06:07 PM

Players who sit there at showdown waiting for the other person to show their cards, even though they are the player who should be showing first.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Players who sit there at showdown waiting for the other person to show their cards, even though they are the player who should be showing first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep this has become my biggest annoyence.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People who only show one card at a time during a showdown, especially when they have a winning hand and intentionally show a meaningless card first or when they are afraid of being out kicked on a pair and hesitate to show a kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I think about it, this possibly tilts me more than anything. It can also waste alot of time if you get two people of the same mindset at showdown when they both turn over top pair and player A is like "What's your kicker?" B: "What's yours?" etc. I hate this sort of [censored].
Old 11-10-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
for about 30 hands in a row, the guy to my right kept pretending he had certain hands based on flops and exclaiming them proudly every time.

i.e. flop comes 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and he says, "guess i shouldnt have folded 98 of diamonds!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi. Nice to meet you online. I am that guy. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it either.

FWIW, I cut that crap when in the box. "One player to a hand." "Let the players play their own hands, please." "Don't talk about the board." If that finally doesn't get the point across, I get very pointed and direct.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:40 PM

People who stall and yak for 20-30 seconds at showdown while they read the board and opponent's hands.

Also good players who WHINE when they get outdrawn, or give lessons at the table, etc.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also one of my big annoyances. I always wait for them to table their hand. Some people seem to think that if someone is doing this you should just turn your cards over to move the game along, but I really want to see my opponents hand when he doesn't want to turn it over.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:18 PM

Acting out of turn, talking about the board, peeling off chips one at a time without announcing action.

Those are the three biggies, really. Well, and dealer-abusers, but that's most of 'em out here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM

Players who count out $1000 in green when they've got plenty of black, or worse a $1000 chip.

Players who splash the pot or call/bet a whole stack without showing it's correct - and dealers who don't count it. Like we're supposed to trust people won't take advantage of that. Players who give you grief when you call them on it.

People who assume you're a winner because you're holding a lot of chips - cage staff/other patrons who say "wow! looks like you did well" when you cash out $10k but they don't know you earlier borrowed $20k to play.

Players who will face their hand to invite comments on how they should play before their action is complete, especially heads up in live action when floor support is less likely.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

also one of my big annoyances. I always wait for them to table their hand. Some people seem to think that if someone is doing this you should just turn your cards over to move the game along, but I really want to see my opponents hand when he doesn't want to turn it over.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who do this instead of just showing what they are 97% sure is the winner and moving on...