Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:50 AM

Default Re: Evaluate this drinking prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not saying everyone can do this challenge, or that it's even worth 4 days of your life for that amount of money, but i do think there are a good amount of people (above 10% maybe) of men 20-25 who could do this if planned out right

[/ QUOTE ]
But that's how the other side makes their money, right? It seems like it'd be eay to those who'd even contemplate doing it?

Aside from having been on one side or the other of the gallon milk and the 100 beer, I don't have any experience, really, so I'm no expert. I've never seen or tried or heard of the exact prop OP has got going. I do know that similar challenges rarely succeed. On top of that, I know that if there's not a video or a blog post or something on the internet of it having been done, there's a good chance that the reason is it hasn't been done.

It took me maybe half an hour sitting at work to find one - just one, that's all I could come up with - post plus video of the milk challenge being completed. The search in addition to the results gave me a better idea of whether it could be completed and what the odds were. If you're some college kid and don't take some time to do basic research on whether its been done, what your likely BAC would be, the physiological consequences of that BAC, etc, then you probably deserve to lose your money. So I've never tried this particular feat, I don't know anyone who has, but if someone charges in, blithely asserting that they've "Had 10 beers a night for my freshman and sophomore years!" well, that's probably burning money.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Seriously, already lots of posts of, "This sounds easy, if..." PM Nick Rainey and ask him how much he's made on offering bets to people who responded, "That sounds easy."

The reason it sounds easy is that you're a sucker. There's no sweeter music to a bookey outside of, "That bet's a lock!"
Old 07-05-2007, 07:55 AM

I could easily make this as I already do this 2 days a week (and I drink more than 20 shots). Your friend, on the other hand, will probably not make it. Those odds are probably a bit in your favor if he's a newbie.
Edit: I wouldn't take this bet as the hangover of a week doesn't sound good to me.. (with these stakes)

As for my strategy, I would first eat something greasy and yummy then proceed to take atleast 4 shots. (vodka prefered)
Then just shoot em till I hit 20 watching movies and listening to music.

Taking enough shots when you start is the key ingredient. Once you pop you can't stop amrite.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:09 AM

Run,
The only problem I can think of is that you'd get dehydrated. That doesn't sound like a huge deal, but maybe it would suck a lot.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I could easily make this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you could, but then again I would never make any sort of drink-alota-boose-bet with anyone from Finland or Russia.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, already lots of posts of, "This sounds easy, if..." PM Nick Rainey and ask him how much he's made on offering bets to people who responded, "That sounds easy."

The reason it sounds easy is that you're a sucker. There's no sweeter music to a bookey outside of, "That bet's a lock!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Tons of college students (myself included) have witnessed someone do 20+ drinks 4 days in a row. Seriously, this is not very difficult for people with above average tolerance.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Run,
The only problem I can think of is that you'd get dehydrated. That doesn't sound like a huge deal, but maybe it would suck a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chase every shot of vodka with a shot of pedialyte.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:28 AM

Can your buddy drink or eat anything he wants during this bet? If so, I think OP is a dog here. Salvia miltiorrhiza is a chinese herbal supplement that has been shown to decrease alcohol absorption, decreasing the resulting BAL by up to 60%. Taking this would essentially reduce the amount he feels to 8-10 shots/day. I'm sure most here would agree that's possible. As long as he loads up on water and eats regularly, I don't see why this will be hard.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think he has much of a chance of this, unless he is a serious drinker already.

8-1 is pretty generous though.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 AM

25 shots = a fifth

can he measure out the shot and pour it in a glass with club soda and lemon?

can i get these odds from you if this is the case?

ill go fifth a day easy if im in full blown alcoholic mode, WITH morning mimosas, and by the late evening my drinks are like 2 shots+ each.

ill be a drunken disaster, but i have my own condo so who cares if i wake up every morning face down with a slice of pizza on my head.