Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Money management - when to move up

Short background: Been playing poker for the last 3 yrs. only with occasional betting on live TV games... Due to boredom from cards (although I still make a very healthy living from it), started betting more, which I used to do before the poker boom.

ATM I flat bet 1% of my sports betting dedicated bankroll on each selection. Odds mostly in the (-130 to +130 region). Have been running hotter than hell during the last 3 weeks and made +45u on ~150 selections.

Since I haven't updated my roll sheet during that time span, I find myself with the option to increase amount bet per unit by 50% now.

Is it wise to increase the volume by that much when I'm basically expecting a downswing shortly?

I know from poker that I wouldn't go up in limits easily when running hot for a while, cos that's usually when you become less attentive and are due for 10 cracked pocket rockets anyway. VaRiAnCe is a nasty bitch. Although this would seem just like moving up in poker from 10/20 to 15/30 with players of the same skill involved?!

What's my best play in this situation when sample size is still way too small?

a) Play more hands, lucky fish.
b) Move up where they respect your raises.