Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: sustainable?

[ QUOTE ]
goddamn this donkey was 5 buyins up on me and normally i would leave after i lost 3 buyins to a player but he was just so fishy that leaving wasn't possible

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $377.25
Hero: $348.60

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($26, 2 players)
Hero checks, SB checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($26, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $116</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $335.6</font>, SB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $697.2
Hero showed Ah Qh
SB mucks 3h 6d

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally when I try to do this I end up winning back 1BI and then getting sucked out on in a 450BB pot before I go on megatilt and leave. Way to avoid that.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I'm not married so take this with a grain of salt.

I would try to talk to her and get down to the bottom of why she doesn't like poker. Maybe it puts you in a terrible mood for the rest of the day after a losing session, or affects you somehow.

Also does she really understand poker and variance? Have her read "The Poker Mindset" and see if that helps her understand what you have to deal with from poker. The most important thing for a poker player's spouse to be able to do is not be critical when we have losing sessions, and honestly, not be elated when we have winners.

If the issue is just that it takes up all of your free time with her then that is a good reason to limit yourself to playing when she isn't around, and keep it to a minimum when she is. But if she is getting mad at you for playing while she is away there must be some other issue she has with poker.

Honestly though, teach her to beat $3 STTs. Maybe if she is involved with this large part of your life she will be more open to poker playing whenever you want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks dboy, im working on it.....well aren't we a little family in here....I got marriage issues, Kolo is gay, chicago is a drunk, and cwar is a [censored] gigalo with the ladies.....now that we got all of that out, let's talk cards

Indy
Old 09-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Since when was I a drunk? Wtf.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:41 PM

wtf, I'm the forum drunk, not Ry.

Last night we bought a keg and it ran out so we had to get 4 30 packs. It really is amazing at the exponential growth of a party when you have a keg. almost had to fight some bitch ass n#$%@z.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf, I'm the forum drunk, not Ry.

Last night we bought a keg and it ran out so we had to get 4 30 packs. It really is amazing at the exponential growth of a party when you have a keg. almost had to fight some bitch ass n#$%@z.

[/ QUOTE ]

Example no. 1. The college kids on this forum have got to drink more regularly than I do. About half the nights I have a beer or two, maybe 1-2x a week I'll drink a lot with some buddies.

It's good beer too, I'm more like a beer connoisseur, I drink regularly at a brewery where I have a membership (via trade w/ my business).
Old 09-09-2007, 10:57 PM

ok guys for real:

raise 2.5x as your standard raise at any level of a heads up sng. do this and you will prosper.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok guys for real:

raise 2.5x as your standard raise at any level of a heads up sng. do this and you will prosper.

[/ QUOTE ]

i raise 3x first level, 2.5x 2nd and 3rd level, minraise or push 4th level.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:09 PM

Minraising as your standard really doesn't change much in your overall game, or raising 3x in the first 2 levels. Raising 3x in level 3+ on PS is when it actually starts mattering.

More important is how you adjust your raise and bet sizes to different opponents.

My general advice of the day is to valuebet/don't bluff and you will prosper.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 PM

standard afternoon. I was down almost 5 buy-ins at 3/6...freaking ridiculous. end the day -$200 there.

won 2.5k at 2/4...just stupid how 3/6 started today tho.

4th time ive started a session -1.5k+ this month. third time it was in the 2-2.7k range.

meh, ship it again though.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:26 PM

Every time we get a few husng posts this eascall guy comes in with his graphs of losing a few grand but ending up winning at the end. I dislike him and his winning ways.
Closed Thread