Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2007, 11:00 PM

Default Two live 1/3 200NL hands

Let me preface this with I'm just starting to try out NL with an almost entirely limit background, so these situations might seem obvious to you more experienced players.

Both take place in a live 1/3 NL game with a $100-$200 buyin, fairly early in the session so my player reads aren't very developed.

First hand, I have about $200 in front of me, and villian has about $150.

I'm UTG+1, but first to act when UTG straddles for $6. I'm delt A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and raise to $20. Villian reraises to $55 to go, and it's folded back to me (he has ~$70 behind.)
Pot size: $79
Villian hasn't played too many hands at this point, what's my play?

Second hand, I'm UTG+1 again with ~$300, and again UTG straddles for $6. Villian in this hand is the UTG straddler, with about $150 in front of him. He seemes somewhat decent, but can be tricky on occation, but has been running bad since I sat down.

I look down at T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and raise to $20 again. It's folded to UTG who calls.
Flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and villian checks to me.
Pot size: $38
What's my play?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: Two live 1/3 200NL hands

i play live exclusively, so ill take a crack at this...

hand #1 assuming villain is teh UTG straddler, I shove here all day. You will see AA, KK sometimes, but you'll be amazed how much you see 99-QQ, AJ, AQ, etc. Just stick it in for 75BBs.

note: if im wrong about the straddler, that changes hand dynamic somewhat. Range likely more toward AA/KK/QQ. Shove it in his face anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hand #2 is no fun. Looks like a b/f situation. I bet this if checked to, and shut down after flop usually. DONT TRY TO BET THEM OFF AN ACE. You will eat it.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Oops, forgot to mention that in hand one the villian is UTG+2 directly to my left.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:11 AM

ah ok. straddlers will sometimes go nuts "defending" their straddle. since he's UTG+2 he prob has a sweet hand. Thinking about it, i don't mind any of your options. Folding is ok (weak but ok). Calling to see a flop is fine, and jamming it is fine. This is really player/table dependent. I prob call and dump if i don't hit flop, lame as that sounds.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:41 PM

Hand 1: My first reaction was that calling his raise to $55 would be disastrous, but I think its only immediatly about -$2 in EV, which I expect you could make up postflop. That said, I shove here. He's only got like 42BBs... against a real nit I'll fold, but 90%+ of opponents I just shove given stack sizes.

Hand 2 is totally read depedant.

Without reads I think I bet $20-30 here, and then I'm done with the hand.