Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Californians fires

[ QUOTE ]
As I watch the news, here, in Australia, my thought go to all those people that have lost their houses and possessions (and some indeed their lives or loved ones lives) in California those past days.

[/ QUOTE ]
No Bush bashing, hmmm... Who hacked into MidGe's computer?

[ QUOTE ]

I was disturbed by also being forced to watch President Bush promise (another promisee, another lie) those Californians that they will not be forgotten in Washington and that help was forthcoming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah there it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Assuming that President Bush was not lying, a big ask, I understand, what would make those Californians different from the many from New Orleans that are still waiting, regardless of even the international support and donations that that catastrophe generated?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

A big difference in this is that for one, not alot of actual infrastructure was damaged. The roads are still fine. San Diego doesn't need to be drained of water. no bridge collapses. Although there was power line damage. So the rebuilding of actual city infrastructure won't be as expensive. Yea, the government does do stupid stuff. I live in Poway which was hit hard by the fires. San Diego County emergency had a map that said I should be evacuated, however Poway's map said I was safe.

Another thing is that the most devastated in Katrina were the poor people. Whereas in San Diego many of the burned residential areas are full of very well off people, such as Rancho Santa Fe. This is an extremely rich area where you probably aren't getting a house for under 3 to 5 mill there.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As I watch the news, here, in Australia, my thought go to all those people that have lost their houses and possessions (and some indeed their lives or loved ones lives) in California those past days.

I was disturbed by also being forced to watch President Bush promise (another promisee, another lie) those Californians that they will not be forgotten in Washington and that help was forthcoming.

Assuming that President Bush was not lying, a big ask, I understand, what would make those Californians different from the many from New Orleans that are still waiting, regardless of even the international support and donations that that catastrophe generated?

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason for a post like this is to inflame. why does this guy get a pass, continually?? what a joke. what vested interest does he have in any conversation regarding an American tradgedy? uh. yeah. none.

so eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy to sit a world away and hurl inflammatory, ridiculous statements at those incompetent, corrupt Americans.

i mean how old does this get?? mission accomplished in my case, i guess. you have managed to raise my blood pressure a bit. which is your only point in every post that you bless upon this forum.

well done.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the only reason for a post like this is to inflame. why does this guy get a pass, continually?? what a joke. what vested interest does he have in any conversation regarding an American tradgedy? uh. yeah. none.

so eeeeeeeeeeeeeeasy to sit a world away and hurl inflammatory, ridiculous statements at those incompetent, corrupt Americans.

i mean how old does this get?? mission accomplished in my case, i guess. you have managed to raise my blood pressure a bit. which is your only point in every post that you bless upon this forum.

well done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Besides my sympathy to those who lost big in the Californians fires, another reason for this post of mine and not all my posts, is to support the large majority of US citizens that are inflamed by the actions of the current administration and to show that there is a lot of support for their view in the rest of the world.

My vested interest in US politics is that US politics engage in activities well outside of US boundaries and that this administration especially seems to set itself as moral arbiter to the rest of the world.

The very unfortunate situation is that I can't find another as inept administration in US history. And it affects people way beyond US boundaries, altough like it still does affect New Orleans citizen it will affect those in California for some time to come. Ineptitude is not a very easy thing to redress.

I am not saying Bush is totally inept. I mean, I think he may make a good ranch hand, a cow boy. But as a head of state and commander in chief, his failings have been too important and too obviously so, to give the dude any breathing space, Bush and the republicans must loose the next election for the rest of the world to be able to breathe a little more freely.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to reply to your post and make my point once more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 06:43 AM

I think Bush is going to win the 2008 election, sorry midge.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Bush is going to win the 2008 election, sorry midge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great Taso, I'll give you any odds that he won't. I'll simply hope that the republicans won't! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 06:48 AM

twenty to one?
Old 10-30-2007, 12:22 AM

and here i thought cali was burning from the hand of God.

the most unfortunate part of this whole thing is many will once again migrate into our area and commence their attempts at turning our Red State into a Blue. they did after the earthquakes back around '89 and they'll come again. we hate'em.

it'll be Brokeback Mountain all over again... dudes holding hands and swapping spit on the street corners, liberal professors and abortion lovers and yet more coffee shops.

EN
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and here i thought cali was burning from the hand of God.

the most unfortunate part of this whole thing is many will once again migrate into our area and commence their attempts at turning our Red State into a Blue. they did after the earthquakes back around '89 and they'll come again. we hate'em.

it'll be Brokeback Mountain all over again... dudes holding hands and swapping spit on the street corners, liberal professors and abortion lovers and yet more coffee shops.

EN

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, dont go too far. We need a Diedrich's in our neighborhood.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:35 AM

I don't think EN will last long here without being banned.