Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Default PokerTracker vs PokerSharpener

Please help! I am ready to purchase tracking software. I have run numerous searches on this site that haven't really told me anything. I can't find any relevant comparisons on this site between Pokertracker and Poker Sharpener. PokerTracker seems to be the choice here, but it seems complicated, and I can't get the HUD to work. 've played with Poker Shrpener, and like what see. I am a serious, but casual player, and I am playing ring games. Since I multitable (who doesn't?)my primary concerns are:
1. Heads up display - I want to know
a: Tightness and agression
b: Pocket card history
c: Easy to identify fish
d. Easy to identify good players
e. Easy to identify maniacs
f. Able to datamine tables I'm not involved in
2. Ease of use.
3. Ability to find leaks in my game.

I don't have the time or patience to do all of the research and testing, I have a job. I am looking for advice here since you guys are the experts.

If you have any advice, or would recommend other packages, please post. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:32 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker vs PokerSharpener

Why did you start another thread about PokerSharpener? You could have just used the one you started a few days ago.

I don't think many people will be able to tell you how PokerSharpener is because people are waiting for poker sites to give it the OK before really trying it.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM

Thank you. Enough said.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you start another thread about PokerSharpener? You could have just used the one you started a few days ago.

I don't think many people will be able to tell you how PokerSharpener is because people are waiting for poker sites to give it the OK before really trying it.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who missed the first thread. You can expect an official approval announcement very soon.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:54 AM

I typically avoid these threads but since PokerSharpener is pimping his product I feel compelled to reply.

Keep your eyes open for PokerTracker 3 which will make this a non decision.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Lol, but the OP wants a product now, not in a 2008 or whenever PT3 is released, though i assume you must really hurry it before HM has a HUD [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-24-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, but the OP wants a product now, not in a 2008 or whenever PT3 is released, though i assume you must really hurry it before HM has a HUD [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume he also wants a product that will still be around in 2008? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

PokerTracker 3 is scheduled for release in a few months, the end of 2007.

-AP10
Old 10-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Here's my experience with PokerSharpener and others.
I'm a beginner and I was looking for a package that could do everything I liked from all the demos I tried.
Nothing like that exists so I dropped my requirements to software that tracks hands, has a HUD and gives some live odds (and had to available for free with a very easy to clear deal!)

Pros:
Live odds - Not the best I've seen, but pretty useable and somewhat configurable.
HUD - I like the way it is done. Check their screenshot. Would like to still see a PAHUD style icon.
User Manual - Excellent, frequently updated.
Support - Pretty good. Emails answered promptly and in detail.
Updates - Only major error I had was fixed promptly and exactly as promised.

Cons:
Slow especially on start up and import.
Only imports live format hands. Cannot handle emailed HH. My biggest gripe!

Everything else is somewhere between mediocre and OK.
It caters for my purposes well enough for now and I'll continue using the software until the license expires.
HM and PT both clearly has sometime good on the way. HM reporting is excellent and the speed is awesome. PT is a brilliant product and deserves to be the market leader at the moment, but it is long overdue for a revamp.
But the new PT and HM seems to be taking very long to complete and most beginners need something now.
The bickering between the two developers are also starting to irritate me as is that name drop quote on the HM page. Finish your products and the players will decide which is best. I am really looking forward to seeing them both completed.
One last product worth mentioning is HoldemIndicator, especially since it works on the play tables.
So if you're new to online gaming with a small roll, PS is not a bad bet for now. PM me with specific questions.