Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 03:47 PM

Default $.05/$.10, 6-max: How do I play this flop?

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $0.05.
UTG (poster) checks, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...???</font>

Should I three-bet or just call? I believe I should slow down if any 3, 4, 8, 9 or diamond appears on the turn. Should I have check-raised the flop?
Old 09-16-2007, 03:58 PM

Default Re: $.05/$.10, 6-max: How do I play this flop?

I like c/r on flop and forcing the field to pay 2 bets. If you don't get a better and it is checked all around, you didn't lose much, kept the pot small and can reevaluate on the turn.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:59 PM

two pair with ugly middle card yeah I would try a check raise here.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:05 PM

Fast, don't slowplay multiway on coordinated boards. You also have decent redraws if behind.

If you don't know who is going to bet you should bet yourself. Take it to 3-town.

pre flop is fine as long as BB is passive, paying 1,5 SB to see a flop with 75o would suck more than anything in poker.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:45 PM

I don't think this is a 3 bet hand at all myself.

bet/call or check/raise.

Either works and gives you the ability to make a good decision on the turn.

if we didn't see the action after you then its interesting to see what we would say regarding the check or the bet on the flop.

Next time post it so we don't know if there is action behind you.

It probably influenced my thinking.

Being oop with a good hand like this but having a lot of cards to come that can hurt you a value bet is not as effective on the flop as it could be.

it leads you to a tougher decision if the turn brings a scare card.

Whereas a check/raise defines your hand better even if the turn brings a scary card.

Missing the small bet opportunity on the flop if it gets checked around is a mistake, but considering the check/raise value on this hand I think its worth the risk.

I always try and think of the lines that I can play oop on the later streets that are going to protect my hand and give me the most value, by leading out here I am not sure I have a good line if a diamond comes and I have 3 callers.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:47 PM

Preflop: I fold. And you should too. If there is value here it's only going to be found by a person who plays very well postflop. (I'm assuming its a 2cent small blind... even though I'd still probably mostly advise folding its 3cents.)

Flop: I lead here near 100% of the time. In order for me to go for a checkraise I need there to be a very aggressive player in LP. Easy 3bet for value.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM

you have a reason to play 75o pre flop ... please explain (there aren't many situations where this hand is playable online) ... I know Breanz would say this is the nuts (but really, we all can't be as good as Beanz)

and since you've give no information about any of these players (especially the guy raising) - you 100% shouldn't be playing this hand

top and bottom pair (especially the crappy middle card kind) isn't the bee's-knees ... and on that board, are probably semi-marginal

without any information I personally would wait for a safe turn card before doing anymore raising
Old 09-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you have a reason to play 75o pre flop ... please explain (there aren't many situations where this hand is playable online)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it was $.03 into a pot of $.30 and I decided to play on only if I hit an open-ended straight draw or two pair or better, though that specific two pair I flopped seems difficult to play.

What are the weakest hands you would recommend completing pre-flop here? Any unsuited one-gappers at all below J9o? Was my reasoning (only play on the flop if I hit...) bad, or am I going about it the wrong way altogether?
Old 09-17-2007, 02:11 PM

PF is fine getting 10:1 here.

This board is extremely draw heavy. I 3bet now, and force BB to pay more if he is drawing a good % of the time, but calling and c/r a brick turn is OK too..
Old 09-17-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What are the weakest hands you would recommend completing pre-flop here? Any unsuited one-gappers at all below J9o?

[/ QUOTE ]

advice for live play:

connectors- i play 56o and up but thats because my opponents are brainless tards postflop.

57o is close. i would def call 97o.

online play: i wouldnt play anything worse than 98o.