Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: 1/2 RR against my pf steal attempt, I hit TP

[ QUOTE ]
I do not like the flop at all....

his PF 3bet range has you absolutely crushed! The hands we are ahead of can now fold cheaply. So by raising, we tend to lose the most and win the minimum.

[ QUOTE ]
I hit top pair, and the villain could have anything here, so I raise it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think he can have ANYTHING here? Please give us a range. I know you said you had a hard time putting him on a range, but I'm not sure why. What is your 3bet range here from the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason that I think he could have anything is he might be defending his blind. I am relatively new to the game, and I'm trying to figure things out. I haven't thought about my pf 3betting range if I'm in the big blinds spot with no information about my opponent. Can someone give me some advice about this?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM

Well I must admit I would have played it exactly the same, figuring BB's 3-betting range pf is very broad -- includes pp's, QJ etc. But I guess an unknown's 3b range is tighter than I thought.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:49 AM

I'd call down from flop donk. If you're ahead, your raise cues him in that you have a strong hand and allows him to throw away a weak hand. On the other hand, if you're behind, your raise allows him to extract more money from you. Either way, you're letting your opponent play his/her hand more optimally when you raise, so I'd just call down.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I must admit I would have played it exactly the same, figuring BB's 3-betting range pf is very broad -- includes pp's, QJ etc. But I guess an unknown's 3b range is tighter than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think the avg unknown 1/2 FR player is 3betting w/ QJ, you are most likely spewing money by being over-aggressive vs them.

CR, what is your 3bet range in the blinds vs an unknown?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM

I do the same thing pre-flop.

I raise the flop to make the flush and straight draws pay. His flop bet can easily be a semi-bluff or a probe to see if you were stealing pre-flop and don't have anything, or maybe you just have a bare A and will fold on this scary flop to a bet.

I bet the turn to make draws pay.

I check behind on the river. You have no idea if you are ahead here, no reason to put in more $ or give him a chance to check raise.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 PM

I prefer saving the check/raise on the turn myself then I can check the river if he calls.

If he donks the river on me, its a fold against most opponents.